Tetrahydrozoline is a type of medication that belongs to the class of drugs called sympathomimetics. It is used as a decongestant to relieve nasal and eye symptoms caused by colds, allergies, and hay fever. It is commonly found in over-the-counter products such as nasal sprays and eye drops.
- Relieves nasal congestion and runny nose
- Reduces redness and discomfort in the eyes
- Improves breathing through the nose
- Can be used to relieve symptoms of hay fever, colds, and allergies
- Dry mouth
- Irritation in the nose and throat
- High doses or prolonged use can cause toxicity and serious side effects, including seizures, hallucinations, and heart palpitations.
It’s important to use tetrahydrozoline as directed and not exceed the recommended dosage. Consult a healthcare professional if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or have any pre-existing medical conditions before using this medication.
It is also not recommended for children under the age of 6.