Citrocran Sachet contains cranberry extract, which is derived from the fruit of the cranberry plant (Vaccinium macrocarpon). Cranberries are rich in antioxidants, particularly proanthocyanidins, which are believed to provide various health benefits. Cranberry extract is commonly used as a natural remedy to support urinary tract health.
- Urinary Tract Health: Citrocra Sachet is primarily used to support urinary tract health. Cranberry extract is believed to help prevent and manage urinary tract infections (UTIs) by inhibiting the adhesion of bacteria, particularly Escherichia coli (E. coli), to the urinary tract walls. This action helps to reduce the risk of bacterial colonization and subsequent infection.
Cranberry extract is generally safe for most people when consumed in moderate amounts. However, some individuals may experience mild side effects, including:
- Gastrointestinal Upset: In some cases, cranberry extract may cause mild gastrointestinal symptoms, such as stomach upset, diarrhea, or bloating.
- Allergic Reactions: Rarely, individuals may experience allergic reactions to cranberry extract, characterized by hives, itching, or swelling of the face, lips, tongue, or throat. Seek immediate medical attention if any allergic symptoms occur.
When Not to Use:
- Known Allergy or Hypersensitivity: If you have a known allergy or hypersensitivity to cranberries or any components of the cranberry extract, avoid using Citrocra Sachet.
- Kidney Stones: Individuals with a history of kidney stones or oxalate kidney stones should exercise caution and consult their healthcare provider before using cranberry extract, as it contains oxalates that may contribute to stone formation in susceptible individuals.
- Pregnancy and Breastfeeding: The safety of cranberry extract during pregnancy and breastfeeding has not been fully established. Consult your healthcare provider before using Citrocra Sachet if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Warfarin or Anticoagulant Use: Cranberry extract may interact with blood-thinning medications like warfarin, leading to an increased risk of bleeding. If you are on anticoagulant therapy, consult your doctor before using this product.
Always follow the recommended dosage and usage instructions provided with Citrocra Sachet. If you experience any adverse reactions or discomfort after using this product, discontinue use and seek medical advice. It is essential to inform your healthcare provider about any existing medical conditions, medications, or supplements you are taking before starting Citrocra Sachet. Remember that herbal supplements are not a replacement for medical treatment, and UTIs or other medical conditions should be properly evaluated and treated by a healthcare professional.