Empaphage 10mg Tablet contains the active ingredient Empagliflozin, which is an oral antidiabetic medication belonging to the class of sodium-glucose co-transporter 2 (SGLT2) inhibitors. Empagliflozin works by inhibiting the reabsorption of glucose in the kidneys, leading to increased urinary glucose excretion and lower blood glucose levels. It is used in the management of type 2 diabetes mellitus to improve glycemic control.
- Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus: Empaphage 10mg Tablet is prescribed for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus in adults. It is used to improve blood sugar levels when diet and exercise alone are not sufficient to control diabetes. Empagliflozin is often used in combination with other antidiabetic medications or insulin.
Empaphage 10mg Tablet is generally well-tolerated, but like all medications, it may cause some side effects in certain individuals. Common side effects may include:
- Genital Infections: Some patients, especially females, may be at a slightly increased risk of developing genital yeast infections or urinary tract infections.
- Urinary Frequency and Urgency: Empagliflozin may cause an increase in urinary frequency or urgency.
- Hypotension: In some cases, individuals may experience low blood pressure, leading to dizziness or lightheadedness.
- Increased Thirst: Empagliflozin’s mechanism of action may cause an increase in thirst.
When Not to Use:
- Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus: Empaphage 10mg Tablet should not be used to treat type 1 diabetes mellitus, as it is not effective in this condition.
- Diabetic Ketoacidosis: It is not suitable for the treatment of diabetic ketoacidosis, a life-threatening complication of diabetes characterized by high blood ketone levels and acidosis.
- Severe Renal Impairment: Empagliflozin should not be used in individuals with severe renal impairment or end-stage renal disease, as it may exacerbate kidney function.
- Pregnancy and Breastfeeding: The safety of Empagliflozin during pregnancy and breastfeeding has not been fully established. Consult your healthcare provider before using this medication if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Hypersensitivity: If you have a known allergy or hypersensitivity to Empagliflozin or any other components of the tablet, avoid using Empaphage 10mg.
Always take Empaphage 10mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor. Inform your healthcare provider about any existing medical conditions and other medications you may be taking to prevent potential interactions. Regular monitoring of blood glucose levels and kidney function may be necessary during treatment. If you experience severe or persistent side effects, discontinue the medication and seek medical attention. Do not alter the dosage or stop the medication without consulting your doctor. Regular follow-ups with your doctor are essential to monitor your diabetes management and adjust the treatment plan as needed.