LACOLEP SYRUP 100ML is a medication that contains the active ingredient lacosamide. Lacosamide is an antiepileptic drug (AED) that is primarily used to treat certain types of seizures in patients with epilepsy. The syrup formulation makes it suitable for patients who have difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. LACOLEP SYRUP works by reducing abnormal electrical activity in the brain, thereby preventing or reducing the frequency of seizures.
Like any medication, LACOLEP SYRUP may cause some side effects. It is important to note that not all patients will experience these side effects, and some may experience them to a varying degree of severity. Common side effects of LACOLEP SYRUP may include:
- Blurred vision
- Balance problems or unsteadiness
- Difficulty concentrating
- Mood changes or irritability
It is crucial to consult with a healthcare professional if any of these side effects persist or worsen over time. Additionally, severe or uncommon side effects may occur, and immediate medical attention should be sought if any of the following are experienced:
- Allergic reactions (e.g., rash, itching, swelling, severe dizziness, difficulty breathing)
- Suicidal thoughts or behavior
- Unusual bruising or bleeding
- Severe mood swings or changes in behavior
- Signs of infection (e.g., fever, sore throat, persistent cough)
When Not to Use:
LACOLEP SYRUP should not be used under certain circumstances. Here are some instances when its use is contraindicated:
- Hypersensitivity: If you have a known hypersensitivity or allergy to lacosamide or any of the ingredients present in LACOLEP SYRUP, its use should be avoided.
- Severe Heart Conditions: LACOLEP SYRUP should not be used in patients with severe heart conditions, such as second- or third-degree atrioventricular (AV) block, or other significant conduction problems.
- Liver Problems: If you have severe liver impairment or liver disease, the use of LACOLEP SYRUP may be contraindicated.
- Pregnancy and Breastfeeding: LACOLEP SYRUP should be used with caution during pregnancy and breastfeeding. It is important to discuss the potential risks and benefits with a healthcare professional.
Note: This is a general description, and it is essential to consult a healthcare professional or refer to the medication’s package insert for complete and accurate information about LACOLEP SYRUP, including dosing instructions, precautions, and potential drug interactions.