Nabiz 5mg tablet contains the active ingredient nebivolol, which belongs to a class of medications known as beta-blockers. It is primarily used for the management of high blood pressure (hypertension) and certain heart conditions. Nebivolol works by blocking the action of certain chemicals in the body, which helps to relax blood vessels and reduce the workload on the heart.
- Fatigue or tiredness
- Dizziness or lightheadedness
- Nausea or upset stomach
- Shortness of breath
- Slow heart rate
- Cold hands or feet
- Erectile dysfunction (in men)
- Depression or mood changes
It is important to note that not everyone may experience these side effects, and some individuals may experience different or additional side effects. If you notice any persistent or severe side effects, it is recommended to consult your healthcare provider.
When Not to Use:
- Allergy or hypersensitivity: Individuals with a known allergy or hypersensitivity to nebivolol or any other beta-blockers should avoid using Nabiz 5mg tablet.
- Severe heart failure: Nabiz 5mg tablet is contraindicated in patients with severe heart failure that requires hospitalization or in those who are in a state of decompensated heart failure.
- Cardiogenic shock: It is not recommended to use Nabiz 5mg tablet in patients with cardiogenic shock, a condition where the heart is unable to pump enough blood to meet the body’s needs.
- Severe liver impairment: Individuals with severe liver impairment should avoid using Nabiz 5mg tablet, as the medication may not be effectively metabolized and could potentially worsen liver function.
- Asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD): Nebivolol may cause bronchospasm in patients with a history of asthma or COPD. Therefore, it should be used with caution or avoided in such individuals.
Note: This is a general overview of the description, side effects, and contraindications of Nabiz 5mg tablet (nebivolol). It is important to consult your healthcare provider or refer to the medication’s package insert for specific and up-to-date information before using this medication.