OPZA 20mg Capsule is a medication that contains the active ingredient Omeprazole. It belongs to a class of drugs known as proton pump inhibitors (PPIs). Omeprazole works by reducing the production of stomach acid, which helps in the treatment of various gastrointestinal conditions.
- Common side effects:
- Stomach pain
- Flatulence (excessive gas)
- Rare but serious side effects (contact your healthcare provider immediately):
- Severe allergic reactions (e.g., rash, itching, swelling, severe dizziness)
- Severe stomach pain
- Persistent vomiting
- Unexplained weight loss
- Difficulty swallowing
It is important to note that this is not an exhaustive list of side effects, and individuals may experience other reactions. Contact your healthcare provider if you experience any unusual or severe symptoms.
When Not to Use: There are certain situations in which the use of OPZA 20mg Capsule (Omeprazole) may not be recommended. These include:
- If you have a known hypersensitivity or allergic reaction to Omeprazole or any other ingredients present in the capsule, you should avoid using OPZA 20mg Capsule.
- Severe liver disease:
- If you have severe liver disease, it is advisable to avoid the use of OPZA 20mg Capsule as it may worsen your condition or lead to potential complications.
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding:
- OPZA 20mg Capsule should be used during pregnancy or breastfeeding only if recommended by your healthcare provider. Consult with your doctor to weigh the potential benefits and risks.
- Interactions with other medications:
- Inform your healthcare provider about all the medications you are taking, including prescription, over-the-counter, and herbal products, as certain drugs may interact with Omeprazole, potentially affecting its effectiveness or increasing the risk of side effects.
Always consult your healthcare provider or pharmacist before starting or stopping any medication, including OPZA 20mg Capsule, to ensure it is safe and suitable for your individual circumstances.