Privisa 25mg Tablet contains the active ingredient levosulpiride, which is a selective dopamine D2 receptor antagonist. It is primarily used in the management of various gastrointestinal disorders and certain mental health conditions.
Levosulpiride acts by blocking dopamine receptors in the brain, thereby influencing the neurotransmitter balance. It helps regulate the movement of the gastrointestinal tract and reduces symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, bloating, and discomfort. Additionally, it can have beneficial effects on mood and behavior in certain psychiatric disorders.
Privisa 25mg Tablet is typically taken orally as directed by a healthcare professional. The dosage and duration of treatment may vary depending on the specific condition being treated.
While Privisa 25mg Tablet is generally well-tolerated, it may cause some side effects in certain individuals. Common side effects associated with levosulpiride include:
- Gastrointestinal Symptoms: Levosulpiride can cause gastrointestinal side effects such as diarrhea, constipation, abdominal pain, and bloating. These symptoms are usually mild and resolve on their own. Drinking plenty of water and maintaining a healthy diet may help alleviate these effects.
- Sleep Disturbances: Some individuals may experience changes in sleep patterns, including insomnia or excessive drowsiness, while taking Privisa 25mg Tablet. It is advisable to maintain good sleep hygiene and discuss any concerns with a healthcare professional.
- Restlessness or Extrapyramidal Symptoms: Levosulpiride can cause extrapyramidal symptoms, which include restlessness, involuntary movements, muscle stiffness, or tremors. If any of these symptoms occur, it is important to consult a healthcare professional.
- Hormonal Changes: Prolonged use of levosulpiride in high doses may cause hormonal changes, such as increased levels of prolactin (hyperprolactinemia). This can lead to symptoms such as breast enlargement, galactorrhea (spontaneous milk production), or menstrual irregularities. If such symptoms occur, it is advisable to consult with a healthcare professional.
When Not to Use:
- Hypersensitivity: Privisa 25mg Tablet should not be used in individuals with a known hypersensitivity or allergy to levosulpiride or any of the tablet’s components.
- Gastrointestinal Obstruction: Levosulpiride is contraindicated in individuals with gastrointestinal obstruction or perforation. It may worsen these conditions due to its effects on gastrointestinal motility.
- Prolactin-Dependent Tumors: Levosulpiride should not be used in individuals with prolactin-dependent tumors, such as pituitary adenomas or breast cancer.
- Severe Renal or Hepatic Impairment: The use of Privisa 25mg Tablet should be avoided or adjusted in individuals with severe renal or hepatic impairment, as it can affect the elimination and metabolism of levosulpiride.
Note: Privisa 25mg Tablet should be used only as prescribed by a healthcare professional. It is important to discuss any existing medical conditions, medications, or concerns with your doctor before starting levosulpiride treatment. Regular monitoring and follow-up appointments may be necessary to ensure the safe and effective use of this medication.