Quttin XR150mg Tablet contains the active ingredient Quetiapine Fumarate, which belongs to a class of medications known as atypical antipsychotics. It is primarily used for the treatment of various mental health conditions, including schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and major depressive disorder. Quetiapine works by balancing certain chemicals in the brain, helping to improve symptoms such as hallucinations, delusions, mood swings, and disturbed thoughts. Quttin XR 150mg Tablet is an extended-release formulation, which means that the medication is released gradually into the body over an extended period.
Quttin XR 150mg Tablet may cause certain side effects in some individuals. Common side effects may include:
- Sedation or drowsiness
- Dizziness or lightheadedness
- Dry mouth
- Weight gain
- Increased appetite
- Blurred vision
- Nausea or vomiting
- Nasal congestion
These side effects are usually temporary and mild, but if they persist or worsen, it is recommended to consult with a healthcare professional. Additionally, Quttin XR 150mg Tablet may also cause more serious side effects such as:
- Tardive dyskinesia: A condition characterized by involuntary movements of the face and body. If you experience any unusual movements, particularly around the mouth, face, or limbs, notify your doctor immediately.
- Neuroleptic malignant syndrome (NMS): A potentially life-threatening condition characterized by high fever, muscle stiffness, confusion, and irregular heartbeat. Seek immediate medical attention if you experience these symptoms.
- Increased risk of suicidal thoughts: In some cases, the use of antipsychotic medications, including Quetiapine, may be associated with an increased risk of suicidal thoughts or behavior, particularly in young adults. It is important to closely monitor any changes in mood or behavior and report them to your doctor.
When Not to Use:
There are certain situations when Quttin XR 150mg Tablet should be used with caution or avoided. Please consider the following:
- Allergy: If you have a known allergy to Quetiapine Fumarate or any other ingredients in Quttin XR 150mg Tablet, it is advisable to avoid using this medication.
- Cardiovascular problems: Quttin XR 150mg Tablet may cause changes in blood pressure and heart rhythm. Inform your doctor if you have a history of cardiovascular problems, including heart disease, low blood pressure, or arrhythmias.
- Liver or kidney disease: Quttin XR 150mg Tablet is metabolized in the liver and excreted by the kidneys. If you have impaired liver or kidney function, your doctor may need to adjust the dosage accordingly.
- Elderly patients with dementia-related psychosis: The use of Quttin XR 150mg Tablet is not recommended in elderly patients with dementia-related psychosis due to an increased risk of cardiovascular events and mortality.
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding: It is essential to discuss the risks and benefits of using Quttin XR 150mg Tablet during pregnancy or while breastfeeding with your doctor, as the effects on the unborn baby or nursing infant are not fully known.
It is crucial to follow the prescribed dosage and duration of treatment as advised by your healthcare professional. Abruptly stopping the medication can lead to withdrawal symptoms, so it is important to consult with your doctor before discontinuing Quttin XR 150mg Tablet.
Please note that this information is not exhaustive and should not replace the advice of a healthcare