Recetam 250mg Tablet contains the active ingredient Levetiracetam, which belongs to the class of antiepileptic drugs. Levetiracetam is used to treat and manage epilepsy, a neurological disorder characterized by recurrent seizures. It works by stabilizing abnormal electrical activity in the brain, thereby reducing the frequency and intensity of seizures.
- Epilepsy: Recetam 250mg Tablet is primarily prescribed for the treatment of epilepsy in adults and children. It is used as an adjunctive therapy for partial-onset seizures, myoclonic seizures, and generalized tonic-clonic seizures.
- Seizure Disorders: It may also be used to manage other types of seizure disorders in certain cases, as determined by the healthcare provider.
Recetam 250mg Tablet is generally well-tolerated, but like all medications, it may cause some side effects in certain individuals. Common side effects may include:
- Drowsiness: Some patients may experience mild drowsiness or fatigue.
- Dizziness: Rarely, individuals may experience dizziness or lightheadedness.
- Headache: Headaches may occur in some cases.
- Behavioral Changes: In a small number of individuals, Levetiracetam may cause mood swings, irritability, or other behavioral changes.
- Gastrointestinal Disturbances: Mild gastrointestinal symptoms like nausea or vomiting may be reported.
When Not to Use:
- Hypersensitivity: If you have a known allergy or hypersensitivity to Levetiracetam or any other components of the tablet, avoid using Recetam 250mg.
- Severe Kidney Impairment: Individuals with severe kidney impairment should exercise caution and consult their doctor before using this medication, as it may require dosage adjustment.
- Pregnancy and Breastfeeding: The safety of Recetam during pregnancy and breastfeeding has not been fully established. Consult your healthcare provider before using this medication if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- History of Psychiatric Disorders: Levetiracetam may exacerbate certain psychiatric disorders. Patients with a history of depression, anxiety, or other mental health conditions should be monitored closely while using this medication.
- Alcohol and CNS Depressants: Avoid using alcohol or central nervous system (CNS) depressants (such as sedatives, tranquilizers, or antihistamines) while taking Levetiracetam, as they may increase the risk of drowsiness and impair alertness.
Always take Recetam 250mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor. Inform your healthcare provider about any existing medical conditions and other medications you may be taking to prevent potential interactions. If you experience severe or persistent side effects, discontinue the medication and seek medical attention. Do not alter the dosage or stop the medication without consulting your doctor. Regular follow-ups with your doctor are essential to monitor the response to the treatment.