Roxsy 20mg Tablet contains the active ingredient PIROXICAM, which is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). Piroxicam is primarily used to relieve pain, inflammation, and swelling associated with various medical conditions.
Roxsy 20mg Tablet is prescribed for the following purposes:
1. Pain Relief: Piroxicam is effective in providing relief from mild to moderate pain, such as that associated with musculoskeletal conditions, dental pain, and menstrual cramps.
2. Anti-Inflammatory: It is used to reduce inflammation and swelling in conditions like osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
3. Fever Reduction: Piroxicam may also be used to lower fever in certain situations.
When Not to Use:
Do not use Roxsy 20mg Tablet (Piroxicam) under the following circumstances:
- If you have a known severe allergic reaction to Piroxicam or any other NSAIDs (such as aspirin or ibuprofen), avoid its use.
2. History of GI Bleeding or Ulcers:
- If you have a history of gastrointestinal bleeding, ulcers, or perforations, especially related to NSAID use, consult your healthcare provider before using Piroxicam.
3. Active GI Bleeding:
- Do not use Piroxicam if you have active gastrointestinal bleeding.
4. Severe Kidney or Liver Problems:
- Individuals with severe kidney or liver problems should avoid Piroxicam or use it under close medical supervision.
5. Pregnancy (Third Trimester):
- Piroxicam should generally be avoided during the third trimester of pregnancy as it may harm the unborn baby. Consult your healthcare provider for safer alternatives.
- If you have a history of asthma, using Piroxicam may exacerbate asthma symptoms. Discuss potential alternatives with your healthcare provider.
Common side effects associated with Roxsy 20mg Tablet (Piroxicam) may include:
1. Gastrointestinal Upset: Mild stomach discomfort, nausea, or indigestion may occur.
2. Headache: Headaches are a relatively common side effect.
3. Dizziness: Some individuals may experience dizziness.
4. Skin Reactions: Skin rashes or itching are rare but possible.
5. Gastrointestinal Ulcers or Bleeding: Although less common, prolonged use of Piroxicam at high doses can increase the risk of gastrointestinal ulcers or bleeding.
It’s important to note that Piroxicam, like all NSAIDs, may carry some cardiovascular and gastrointestinal risks. Therefore, it should be used under the guidance of a healthcare provider, and the lowest effective dose for the shortest duration necessary should be employed.
Always follow the prescribed dosage and usage instructions provided by your healthcare provider when taking Roxsy 20mg Tablet (Piroxicam). This information is meant as a general overview, and it’s essential to discuss your specific medical condition and any potential contraindications with a healthcare professional before using this medication.