ALCUFLEX TABLET contains the active ingredient Naproxen Sodium. Each tablet typically contains a specific amount of Naproxen Sodium, which belongs to a class of medications known as nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). Naproxen Sodium is a potent analgesic, anti-inflammatory, and antipyretic agent that is used to relieve pain, reduce inflammation, and lower fever.
ALCUFLEX TABLET is primarily used for the following purposes:
- Pain Relief: It is used to alleviate mild to moderate pain, including headaches, dental pain, menstrual cramps, muscle aches, joint pain, and pain associated with minor injuries.
- Inflammation Reduction: ALCUFLEX TABLET is effective in reducing inflammation caused by various conditions, including arthritis, tendonitis, bursitis, and other inflammatory conditions.
- Fever Reduction: It is also used to lower fever associated with viral or bacterial infections.
ALCUFLEX TABLET is generally well-tolerated. However, like other NSAIDs, it may cause certain side effects in some individuals. Common side effects may include:
- Gastrointestinal Effects: Nausea, indigestion, stomach pain, and gastrointestinal ulcers or bleeding may occur. It is advisable to take the medication with food to reduce the risk of stomach upset.
- Cardiovascular Effects: NSAIDs, including Naproxen Sodium, may slightly increase the risk of cardiovascular events such as heart attack or stroke, particularly at high doses or in individuals with pre-existing cardiovascular conditions.
- Renal Effects: Naproxen Sodium can affect kidney function, especially in individuals with pre-existing kidney disease or dehydration.
- Allergic Reactions: Allergic reactions to Naproxen Sodium, although rare, can occur and may manifest as skin rash, itching, swelling, or other signs of an allergic response.
If any unexpected or severe side effects occur while using ALCUFLEX TABLET, it is advisable to discontinue its use and consult a healthcare professional.
When Not to Use:
ALCUFLEX TABLET should not be used under certain conditions or circumstances, including:
- Allergy: If you have a known allergy or hypersensitivity to Naproxen Sodium or any other NSAIDs, it is recommended to avoid its use.
- Active Bleeding or Ulcers: It should not be used in individuals with active gastrointestinal bleeding, ulcers, or a history of bleeding disorders.
- Severe Kidney or Liver Dysfunction: ALCUFLEX TABLET should be used with caution in individuals with severe kidney or liver dysfunction, as it can affect renal function.
- Pregnancy and Breastfeeding: It is important to consult with a healthcare professional before using ALCUFLEX TABLET during pregnancy or while breastfeeding to assess the potential risks and benefits.
- Children: The safety and efficacy of ALCUFLEX TABLET in children below a certain age may not be well-established. Dosage adjustments and careful monitoring may be required in pediatric patients.
It is essential to follow the prescribed dosage and consult with a healthcare professional if you have any concerns or specific medical conditions before using ALCUFLEX TABLET.