Amodip-V Plus 5/160/12.5 is a combination medication that contains three active ingredients: Amlodipine, Valsartan, & Hydrochlorothiazide. It is an oral tablet used for the management of certain cardiovascular conditions.
- Hypertension (High Blood Pressure): Amodip-V Plus 5/160/12.5 is primarily prescribed to treat hypertension, a condition characterized by persistently elevated blood pressure. Amlodipine and Valsartan work together to relax blood vessels and lower blood pressure, while Hydrochlorothiazide is a diuretic that helps eliminate excess fluid and sodium from the body, further reducing blood pressure.
- Common Side Effects: Some individuals may experience mild and temporary side effects, including:
- Dizziness or lightheadedness
- Fatigue or weakness
- Swelling in the ankles or feet
- Increased urination
- Serious Side Effects: Although rare, some people may experience severe reactions to the medication and should seek immediate medical attention if they notice any of the following:
- Allergic reactions (rash, itching, swelling, severe dizziness, trouble breathing)
- Irregular or rapid heartbeat
- Signs of kidney problems (changes in urine output, swelling in the ankles/feet)
- Severe dizziness or fainting
When Not to Use:
- Allergy or Hypersensitivity: Amodip-V Plus 5/160/12.5 should not be used if you have a known allergy or hypersensitivity to Amlodipine, Valsartan, Hydrochlorothiazide, or any other components of the medication.
- Pregnancy: This combination is not recommended during pregnancy, especially in the second and third trimesters, as it may harm the developing fetus. Pregnant individuals should consult their healthcare provider for safer alternatives.
- Breastfeeding: Amodip-V Plus 5/160/12.5 is not advised while breastfeeding, as some components of the medication may pass into breast milk and affect the baby.
- Severe Liver or Kidney Dysfunction: The use of this combination should be avoided or used with caution in patients with severe liver or kidney impairment.
- History of Angioedema: Individuals with a history of angioedema (a severe allergic reaction involving swelling of the face, lips, tongue, or throat) related to previous ACE inhibitor or ARB use should avoid Amodip-V Plus 5/160/12.5.
- Hypotension: The combination may cause low blood pressure (hypotension), and caution is necessary in patients with a history of hypotension or those taking other medications that lower blood pressure.
Always follow your doctor’s recommendations and inform them about your medical history and any medications you are currently taking before starting Amodip-V Plus 5/160/12.5. This information is for general awareness and should not replace professional medical advice.