Berica 120mg tablet contains the active ingredient etoricoxib, which belongs to a class of medications called nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). It is primarily prescribed for the relief of pain and inflammation associated with various conditions, including osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, and acute gouty arthritis. Etoricoxib works by inhibiting the production of certain enzymes responsible for inflammation and pain.
- Gastrointestinal effects: Common side effects of etoricoxib include abdominal pain, indigestion, heartburn, nausea, and diarrhea. In some cases, these side effects may be severe or lead to gastrointestinal ulcers or bleeding. It is important to take the medication with food to reduce the risk of gastrointestinal adverse effects.
- Cardiovascular effects: Etoricoxib may increase the risk of cardiovascular events such as heart attack or stroke, particularly when used at high doses or for long durations. Individuals with a history of heart disease, high blood pressure, or stroke may be at a higher risk. It is crucial to discuss the cardiovascular risks and benefits with a healthcare professional before using this medication.
- Allergic reactions: Although rare, allergic reactions to etoricoxib can occur. Symptoms may include rash, itching, swelling, or difficulty breathing. If any signs of an allergic reaction appear, discontinue use and seek immediate medical attention.
- Other side effects: Other less common side effects may include headache, dizziness, peripheral edema (swelling in the extremities), and elevated liver enzymes. It is important to report any persistent or severe side effects to a healthcare professional.
When Not to Use:
- Allergy or hypersensitivity: Berica 120mg tablet should not be used in individuals with a known allergy or hypersensitivity to etoricoxib or any other NSAIDs.
- Active peptic ulcer or gastrointestinal bleeding: Etoricoxib is contraindicated in individuals with active peptic ulcers or a history of gastrointestinal bleeding.
- Severe liver or kidney disease: Etoricoxib should be used with caution or avoided in individuals with severe liver or kidney disease, as it may worsen these conditions.
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding: Etoricoxib is not recommended during pregnancy or breastfeeding. It may pose risks to the developing fetus or nursing infant. It is important to discuss the potential risks and benefits with a healthcare professional before using this medication in these situations.
Note: This is a general overview of the description, side effects, and contraindications of Berica 120mg tablet (etoricoxib). It is important to consult your healthcare provider or refer to the medication’s package insert for specific and up-to-date information before using this medication.