Cavalor 125mg/5ml syrup contains the active ingredient Cefaclor, which is a cephalosporin antibiotic. It is formulated as a syrup for oral administration, making it suitable for use in pediatric patients and individuals who have difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. Cefaclor works by inhibiting the growth and spread of bacteria, helping the body’s immune system to fight off bacterial infections.
- Bacterial Infections: Cavalor 125mg/5ml syrup is primarily prescribed for the treatment of various bacterial infections caused by susceptible microorganisms. It is effective against infections of the respiratory tract, urinary tract, skin, and soft tissues.
- Otitis Media: It is commonly used to treat otitis media, an infection of the middle ear, in both children and adults.
- Sinusitis: Cavalor syrup may be prescribed for the treatment of sinusitis, an inflammation of the sinuses.
- Pharyngitis/Tonsillitis: It can be used in the management of pharyngitis and tonsillitis caused by bacterial infections.
Cefaclor is generally well-tolerated, but some individuals may experience side effects. Common side effects of Cavalor 125mg/5ml syrup may include:
- Gastrointestinal Disturbances: This may include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or stomach pain.
- Allergic Reactions: In rare cases, individuals may experience allergic reactions such as rash, itching, or swelling.
- Headache: Some users may experience mild to moderate headaches.
- Oral Thrush: Prolonged use of antibiotics may lead to oral thrush, a fungal infection in the mouth.
- Dizziness: Cavalor syrup may lead to dizziness or a feeling of lightheadedness.
- Urine Discoloration: Cefaclor may cause reddish-brown discoloration of the urine, which is usually harmless.
When Not to Use:
- Allergy: Cavalor 125mg/5ml syrup should not be used in individuals with a known hypersensitivity or allergy to Cefaclor or other cephalosporin antibiotics.
- Severe Allergic Reactions to Penicillin: It should be used with caution in patients with a history of severe allergic reactions to penicillin, as there may be a risk of cross-reactivity.
- Severe Renal Impairment: Dosage adjustments may be necessary in patients with severe kidney (renal) impairment.
Important Note: It is essential to complete the full course of treatment as prescribed by the healthcare provider, even if the symptoms improve before completing the course. Stopping the medication prematurely can lead to antibiotic resistance and recurrent infections.
Always inform your doctor about any existing medical conditions or medications you may be taking before starting Cavalor 125mg/5ml syrup to avoid potential interactions or contraindications. If you experience any severe or persistent side effects, inform your healthcare provider promptly. Regular monitoring and follow-up with the healthcare provider are crucial during treatment with this medication.