Leaf 10mg tablet contains Amlodipine as its active ingredient. It belongs to a class of medications called calcium channel blockers. Amlodipine is commonly prescribed to treat high blood pressure (hypertension) and certain types of chest pain (angina). It works by relaxing and widening the blood vessels, allowing for improved blood flow and reduced workload on the heart.
- Flushing: Amlodipine may cause flushing or a sensation of warmth in some individuals.
- Peripheral edema: Swelling in the feet, ankles, or hands, known as peripheral edema, can occur as a side effect of Amlodipine.
- Dizziness: Some individuals may experience dizziness or lightheadedness while taking Amlodipine.
- Fatigue: Amlodipine can cause fatigue or tiredness in certain cases.
- Headache: Headaches may occur as a common side effect of Amlodipine.
- Palpitations: Some individuals may experience an awareness of their heartbeat (palpitations) while taking Amlodipine.
- Gastrointestinal effects: Amlodipine may cause gastrointestinal side effects such as nausea, abdominal discomfort, or constipation.
- Rare side effects: Rarely, Amlodipine can cause allergic reactions, skin rash, swelling, or liver problems.
When Not to Use:
- Hypersensitivity: If you have a known allergy or hypersensitivity to Amlodipine or any other ingredients in the medication, do not use Leaf 10mg tablets.
- Severe aortic stenosis: Leaf tablets should not be used in individuals with severe aortic stenosis (narrowing of the heart valve) as it may worsen the condition.
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding: The use of Leaf 10mg tablets during pregnancy or breastfeeding should be done under the guidance and supervision of a healthcare professional, weighing the potential risks and benefits.
- Low blood pressure: Leaf tablets should be used with caution in individuals with low blood pressure (hypotension).
- Liver disease: If you have severe liver disease or impaired liver function, Leaf tablets should be used with caution or avoided.
Note: The description, side effects, and contraindications mentioned here are provided as general information. It is important to consult a healthcare professional or refer to the product label for specific instructions, warnings, and precautions before using Leaf 10mg tablets or any other medication.