LINJARDY 5/25 MG TABLET is a combination of two anti-diabetic drugs, Linagliptin + Empagliflozin. It is used to improve blood sugar control in people with type 2 diabetes. The two active ingredients in LINJARDY work in different ways to regulate blood sugar levels. Linagliptin works by blocking the enzyme dipeptidyl peptidase-4 (DPP-4) which increases the levels of incretin hormones in the body. These hormones help in increasing insulin secretion and reducing glucagon secretion, thus lowering blood sugar levels. Empagliflozin works by blocking the reabsorption of glucose in the kidneys, causing excess glucose to be eliminated in the urine, which in turn reduces blood sugar levels.
- Improving blood sugar control: LINJARDY helps lower blood sugar levels in people with type 2 diabetes.
- Combination therapy: It can be used in combination with other anti-diabetic drugs such as metformin or insulin to provide better blood sugar control.
- Weight management: Empagliflozin has been shown to cause weight loss, and this combination therapy can be helpful for people who need to lose weight as part of their diabetes management plan.
- Improved blood sugar control: LINJARDY helps in reducing the amount of glucose produced and absorbed by the liver and also increases insulin sensitivity, thereby improving blood sugar control.
- Reduced cardiovascular risk: Empagliflozin has been shown to reduce the risk of cardiovascular events such as heart attacks and strokes, which are common complications of type 2 diabetes.
- Weight loss: Empagliflozin has been shown to cause weight loss, which is beneficial for people with type 2 diabetes who are overweight or obese.
- Reduced blood pressure: Empagliflozin has been shown to lower blood pressure, which is a common problem in people with type 2 diabetes.
- Improved kidney function: Empagliflozin has been shown to improve kidney function in people with type 2 diabetes and early stage kidney disease.
- Bladder infection
- Yeast infections in women
- Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) if used in combination with insulin or other anti-diabetic drugs
- Urinary tract infections
It is important to inform your doctor about any side effects you experience while taking LINJARDY. Some side effects may be serious and require medical attention. If you experience any symptoms of low blood sugar such as sweating, shakiness, confusion, or unconsciousness, seek medical attention immediately.
Note: The information provided above is not exhaustive and is not intended to replace medical advice from a licensed healthcare professional. Always consult your doctor before starting any new medication and inform them about all the drugs and supplements you are currently taking. The dose and duration of LINJARDY will be determined by your doctor based on your medical history, current health status, and response to treatment.