LISODIM INJECTION 75MG/3ML is a pharmaceutical product containing the active ingredient Diclofenac Sodium. It is available in injectable form. Diclofenac Sodium belongs to a class of medications called nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). It works by reducing inflammation and pain in the body.
LISODIM INJECTION is primarily used for the following purposes:
- Pain Relief: It is used to relieve pain caused by various conditions, including musculoskeletal disorders, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, dental pain, postoperative pain, and other painful inflammatory conditions.
- Inflammation Reduction: LISODIM INJECTION helps in reducing inflammation in conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, and acute gouty arthritis.
- Postoperative Care: It may be used as a part of postoperative care to manage pain and inflammation following surgical procedures.
LISODIM INJECTION may cause certain side effects in some individuals. These side effects can vary in severity and may include:
- Gastrointestinal Effects: Nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, indigestion, and diarrhea may occur.
- Skin Reactions: Some individuals may experience skin rash, itching, or hives.
- Injection Site Reactions: Pain, redness, or swelling at the injection site may occur.
- Headache and Dizziness: Some individuals may experience headache or dizziness.
- Elevated Liver Enzymes: Rarely, an increase in liver enzymes may occur.
- Renal Effects: In some cases, diclofenac sodium may cause fluid retention, leading to edema and potential worsening of renal function.
It is important to note that these are not all possible side effects. If any of these side effects persist or worsen, it is advisable to consult a healthcare professional.
When Not to Use:
LISODIM INJECTION should not be used under certain conditions or circumstances, including:
- Allergy: If you have a known hypersensitivity or allergy to Diclofenac Sodium or any other NSAIDs, it is recommended to avoid its use.
- Active Peptic Ulcer: It should not be used in individuals with active peptic ulcer disease or a history of gastrointestinal bleeding.
- Severe Heart Failure: LISODIM INJECTION should be avoided in individuals with severe heart failure or a history of heart failure exacerbation.
- Severe Kidney Dysfunction: It is contraindicated in individuals with severe renal impairment or end-stage renal disease.
- Asthma, Nasal Polyps, and Aspirin Sensitivity: LISODIM INJECTION should be used with caution or avoided in individuals with a history of asthma, nasal polyps, or aspirin sensitivity, as it may trigger asthma attacks or allergic reactions.
- Pregnancy and Breastfeeding: It is generally not recommended for use during pregnancy or breastfeeding. It is important to consult with a healthcare professional to discuss the potential risks and benefits.
It is important to follow the prescribed dosage and consult with a healthcare professional if you have any concerns or specific medical conditions before using LISODIM INJECTION.