LURISA 80mg tablets contain the active ingredient lurasidone, which belongs to a class of medications called atypical antipsychotics. Lurasidone is primarily used to treat certain mental disorders such as schizophrenia and bipolar depression. It works by restoring the balance of certain chemicals in the brain, thus improving symptoms associated with these conditions.
LURISA 80mg tablets are primarily prescribed for the following purposes:
- Schizophrenia: Lurasidone is used to treat symptoms of schizophrenia, including hallucinations (seeing or hearing things that are not there), delusions (false beliefs), disorganized thinking, and emotional withdrawal.
- Bipolar Depression: Lurasidone can be prescribed as an add-on treatment for bipolar depression. It helps to alleviate depressive symptoms such as sadness, loss of interest, changes in sleep and appetite, and difficulty concentrating.
While LURISA 80mg tablets can be effective in treating mental disorders, they may also cause certain side effects. It’s important to note that not everyone will experience these side effects, and their severity can vary from person to person. Common side effects of LURISA 80mg tablets may include:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Dizziness or lightheadedness
- Drowsiness or fatigue
- Restlessness or agitation
- Insomnia or difficulty sleeping
- Constipation or diarrhea
- Dry mouth
- Weight gain
It’s essential to inform your healthcare provider if you experience any persistent or severe side effects while taking LURISA 80mg tablets.
When Not to Use:
LURISA 80mg tablets should not be used in certain situations. These include:
- Allergy: If you have a known allergy to lurasidone or any other ingredients present in LURISA 80mg tablets, you should not use this medication.
- Severe Liver or Kidney Disease: Lurasidone is metabolized in the liver, and its clearance is reduced in individuals with severe liver disease. Additionally, individuals with severe kidney disease may require dosage adjustments. Therefore, LURISA 80mg tablets should be avoided or used with caution in these conditions.
- Heart Problems: Lurasidone may increase the risk of heart rhythm disturbances, especially in individuals with a history of heart problems, recent heart attack, or electrolyte imbalances. It’s important to discuss your medical history with your healthcare provider before using LURISA 80mg tablets.
- Pregnancy and Breastfeeding: The safety of lurasidone during pregnancy and breastfeeding has not been established. It is advisable to consult with your healthcare provider to weigh the potential risks and benefits before using LURISA 80mg tablets in these situations.
Always consult your healthcare provider or pharmacist for specific guidance regarding the appropriate use of LURISA 80mg tablets and any potential contraindications based on your individual medical history.