RAST 20mg tablet is a medication that contains the active ingredient Rosuvastatin. It belongs to the class of drugs known as statins or HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors. Rosuvastatin works by inhibiting an enzyme involved in cholesterol production in the liver, thereby reducing the levels of LDL cholesterol (bad cholesterol) and triglycerides in the blood while increasing HDL cholesterol (good cholesterol). RAST 20mg tablets are prescribed to manage hypercholesterolemia and reduce the risk of cardiovascular events.
RAST 20mg tablet is used for the following purposes:
- Hypercholesterolemia: It is primarily prescribed to treat high levels of cholesterol in the blood, particularly elevated LDL cholesterol levels, which are a significant risk factor for cardiovascular diseases.
- Cardiovascular Risk Reduction: RAST 20mg tablet is also used to reduce the risk of heart attacks, strokes, and other cardiovascular events in individuals with known risk factors, such as diabetes or a history of heart disease.
RAST 20mg tablet is generally well-tolerated when taken as directed. However, some individuals may experience mild side effects. Common side effects may include:
- Muscle pain or weakness
- Nausea or upset stomach
- Increased liver enzymes (rare)
If any of these side effects persist or become bothersome, consult your healthcare provider.
Rare but Serious Side Effects (Seek Medical Attention): While rare, some individuals may experience severe side effects that require immediate medical attention. Contact your healthcare provider immediately if you experience any of the following:
- Unexplained muscle pain, tenderness, or weakness
- Dark-colored urine
- Yellowing of the skin or eyes (jaundice)
- Signs of allergic reactions (e.g., rash, itching, swelling of the face, lips, tongue, or throat)
When Not to Use:
RAST 20mg tablet should not be used in the following circumstances:
- Allergy: If you have a known allergy or hypersensitivity to Rosuvastatin or any components of the tablet, avoid using RAST.
- Pregnancy and Breastfeeding: RAST 20mg tablet is not recommended during pregnancy or breastfeeding, as it may harm the developing fetus or pass into breast milk.
- Dosage: Follow the recommended dosage and instructions provided on the product packaging or as advised by your healthcare professional.
- Liver Function: Inform your healthcare provider about any underlying liver conditions or abnormal liver function before starting RAST.
Interactions: Inform your healthcare provider about all the medications you are currently taking, including over-the-counter drugs and supplements, to avoid potential interactions.
It is crucial to use RAST 20mg tablet as prescribed by your healthcare provider and not to self-medicate. Regular follow-up with your healthcare provider is essential to monitor cholesterol levels and assess the response to treatment. RAST 20mg tablet is a valuable medication in managing hypercholesterolemia and reducing cardiovascular risk when used appropriately and under medical supervision. If you experience any concerning side effects or have questions about the medication, consult your healthcare provider for appropriate guidance and management of your.