RETORET 5MG TABLET is a pharmaceutical product containing the active ingredient Desloratadine. Each tablet contains 5mg of Desloratadine. Desloratadine is a second-generation antihistamine that provides relief from allergy symptoms. It works by blocking the action of histamine, a substance produced by the body during an allergic reaction.
RETORET 5MG TABLET is primarily used for the following purposes:
- Allergic Rhinitis: It is used to relieve symptoms of allergic rhinitis, including sneezing, runny nose, itching, and nasal congestion caused by allergic reactions to substances such as pollen, dust mites, pet dander, or mold.
- Chronic Idiopathic Urticaria: RETORET 5MG TABLET is also used to alleviate symptoms of chronic idiopathic urticaria, a condition characterized by recurring hives or welts of unknown cause.
RETORET 5MG TABLET may cause some side effects in certain individuals. These side effects can vary in severity and may include:
- Dry mouth
- Stomach discomfort
- Muscle pain
These side effects are usually mild and temporary. However, if any of these side effects persist or worsen, it is advisable to consult a healthcare professional.
When Not to Use:
RETORET 5MG TABLET should not be used under certain conditions or circumstances, including:
- Hypersensitivity: If you have a known hypersensitivity or allergy to Desloratadine or any other ingredients present in the tablet, it is recommended to avoid its use.
- Severe Liver Dysfunction: RETORET 5MG TABLET should be used with caution or avoided in individuals with severe liver dysfunction. Dose adjustments may be necessary based on the severity of liver impairment.
- Children Under 12 Months: It is not recommended for use in children under 12 months of age.
- Pregnancy and Breastfeeding: RETORET 5MG TABLET should be used with caution during pregnancy and breastfeeding. It is important to consult with a healthcare professional to discuss the potential risks and benefits.
- Concomitant Use with Ketoconazole or Erythromycin: Co-administration of RETORET 5MG TABLET with ketoconazole or erythromycin may increase the levels of Desloratadine in the body. Caution should be exercised in such cases.
It is important to follow the recommended dosage and consult with a healthcare professional if you have any concerns or specific medical conditions before using RETORET 5MG TABLET.