Rezz 20mg capsule is a medication that contains Rabeprazole Sodium as its active ingredient. It belongs to a class of drugs known as proton pump inhibitors (PPIs). The capsule is formulated to be taken orally and is designed to reduce the production of stomach acid. This helps in the treatment of various gastrointestinal conditions and provides relief from acid-related symptoms.
- Acid Reflux (GERD): Rezz 20mg capsule is commonly prescribed to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and its associated symptoms, such as heartburn, regurgitation, and chest pain caused by excessive stomach acid.
- Peptic Ulcers: It is also used to promote the healing of peptic ulcers (sores that form on the stomach lining or the upper part of the small intestine) and prevent their recurrence.
- Erosive Esophagitis: Rezz 20mg capsule is effective in healing erosive esophagitis, which is a condition characterized by inflammation and damage to the esophagus due to stomach acid backing up into the esophagus.
- Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome: It may be prescribed for the management of Zollinger-Ellison syndrome, a rare condition where the stomach produces excessive amounts of acid.
While Rezz 20mg capsule is generally well-tolerated, some individuals may experience mild side effects. Common side effects may include:
- Stomach Pain or Upset
- Dry Mouth
If any of these side effects persist or worsen, it is essential to inform your healthcare provider.
In rare cases, some individuals may experience more severe side effects, such as severe allergic reactions (e.g., rash, itching, swelling of the face, tongue, or throat, difficulty breathing). If any severe side effects occur, seek immediate medical attention.
When Not to Use:
Certain situations and conditions may contraindicate the use of Rezz 20mg capsule:
- Allergic Reactions: Individuals with known allergies to Rabeprazole Sodium or other PPIs should avoid using the capsule.
- Liver or Kidney Impairment: Rezz 20mg capsule should be used with caution in individuals with severe liver or kidney problems, as dose adjustments may be necessary.
- Fractures: Long-term use of high-dose PPIs may be associated with a slightly increased risk of bone fractures, especially in older individuals or those with osteoporosis.
Important Note: Rezz 20mg capsule should be taken as prescribed by a healthcare professional and for the prescribed duration. Avoid self-medication and consult your healthcare provider if you have any doubts or concerns about its use. Prolonged use or misuse of PPIs should be avoided, as it may lead to certain complications or interactions with other medications.
If you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or have any underlying health conditions, discuss with your healthcare provider before starting Rezz 20mg capsule to ensure its safe and appropriate use.