Somno 2mg Tablet is a medication manufactured by Route Health, and it contains the active ingredient Melatonin. Melatonin is a hormone naturally produced by the pineal gland in the brain. It plays a crucial role in regulating the sleep-wake cycle and is often used as a supplement to help with sleep-related issues.
Somno 2mg Tablet is primarily used for the following purposes:
- Insomnia: It is used to improve sleep quality and treat insomnia, a sleep disorder characterized by difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep.
- Jet Lag: Melatonin is sometimes used to alleviate the symptoms of jet lag, a temporary sleep disorder that occurs when a person’s internal body clock is out of sync with the time zone they are in.
- Shift Work Sleep Disorder: For individuals working night shifts or irregular schedules, melatonin may be used to help regulate sleep patterns and improve daytime alertness.
- Sleep Disorders in Children: Melatonin can also be prescribed to children with certain sleep disorders, such as delayed sleep phase syndrome or autism-related sleep disturbances.
While Somno 2mg Tablet is generally safe for short-term use, some individuals may experience mild side effects. These side effects may include:
When Not to Use:
Somno 2mg Tablet should not be used under the following circumstances:
- Allergy to Melatonin: Individuals with a known allergy or hypersensitivity to melatonin should avoid using this medication.
- Pregnancy and Breastfeeding: The safety of using melatonin during pregnancy and breastfeeding is not fully established. Pregnant or breastfeeding women should consult a healthcare professional before using this medication.
- Autoimmune Diseases: Melatonin may affect the immune system, so individuals with autoimmune diseases should use melatonin with caution and under medical supervision.
- Children and Adolescents without Medical Advice: Melatonin should not be given to children or adolescents without proper medical evaluation and advice.
- Driving or Operating Heavy Machinery: Melatonin may cause drowsiness, so it is advisable to avoid activities that require alertness, such as driving or operating heavy machinery, after taking the medication.
- Liver Impairment: Patients with severe liver dysfunction should use melatonin with caution and as per medical guidance.
It is crucial to follow the prescribed dosage and consult a healthcare professional before starting melatonin supplementation, especially if you have any underlying health conditions or are taking other medications. Long-term use of melatonin without medical supervision is not recommended. If you experience severe or persistent side effects, discontinue use and seek medical advice.