Uristat 80mg Tablet contains the active ingredient Febuxostat and belongs to a class of medications called xanthine oxidase inhibitors. It is available in tablet form and is prescribed for the management of high uric acid levels in the blood, a condition known as hyperuricemia. Febuxostat works by reducing the production of uric acid in the body, thereby preventing the formation of uric acid crystals that can lead to conditions like gout.
- Gout: Uristat 80mg Tablet is primarily used for the long-term treatment and prevention of gout, a type of arthritis caused by the buildup of uric acid crystals in the joints. It helps lower and maintain reduced uric acid levels, thereby reducing the frequency and severity of gout attacks.
- Hyperuricemia: This medication is also prescribed to manage hyperuricemia, a condition characterized by high levels of uric acid in the blood. Elevated uric acid levels can lead to the development of gout and other complications. Febuxostat helps lower uric acid levels, reducing the risk of crystal formation.
Uristat 80mg Tablet may cause certain side effects, although not everyone experiences them. Common side effects associated with the use of this medication include:
- Nausea and Vomiting: Some individuals may experience mild to moderate nausea or vomiting while taking Uristat 80mg Tablet. These symptoms are usually temporary and can be managed by taking the medication with food.
- Liver Function Abnormalities: In rare cases, Febuxostat may cause changes in liver function tests. Regular monitoring of liver function may be recommended, especially in individuals with pre-existing liver conditions or those taking other medications known to affect the liver.
- Allergic Reactions: Although rare, allergic reactions to Uristat 80mg Tablet can occur. Seek medical help immediately if you develop symptoms like rash, itching, swelling, or difficulty breathing.
It’s important to note that not all side effects may be listed here. If you experience any persistent or severe side effects, consult your healthcare provider.
When Not to Use:
Uristat 80mg Tablet should be used with caution and under medical supervision. It may not be suitable for everyone. Avoid using this medication under the following circumstances:
- Hypersensitivity: Do not use Uristat 80mg Tablet if you have a known hypersensitivity or allergy to Febuxostat or any of the other ingredients present in the tablet.
- Severe Liver Disease: This medication is contraindicated in individuals with severe liver disease, as it may further impair liver function.
- Pregnancy and Breastfeeding: Uristat 80mg Tablet is not recommended for use during pregnancy or while breastfeeding. Consult with a healthcare professional to evaluate the potential risks and benefits.
- Pediatric Use: The safety and effectiveness of Uristat 80mg Tablet in children have not been established. It is typically not prescribed for individuals under the age of 18.
Always consult with a healthcare professional or rheumatologist before starting or discontinuing any medication, especially for the management of gout or hyperuricemia. They can provide appropriate guidance based on individual circumstances and medical history.