Vaslopine 5mg Tablet contains the active ingredient AMLODIPINE, which is a medication classified as a calcium channel blocker. It is available in the form of oral tablets. Amlodipine Besylate works by relaxing blood vessels, thereby improving blood flow and reducing the workload on the heart.
- Hypertension (High Blood Pressure): Vaslopine 5mg Tablet is commonly prescribed to treat high blood pressure. By relaxing the blood vessels, it helps to lower blood pressure and reduce the risk of cardiovascular events such as strokes and heart attacks.
- Angina (Chest Pain): Amlodipine Besylate is also used to manage chronic stable angina (chest pain) and vasospastic angina (Prinzmetal’s or variant angina). It helps relax the coronary arteries, increasing blood flow to the heart muscle, which can relieve chest pain.
While Vaslopine 5mg Tablet is generally well-tolerated, it may cause some side effects in certain individuals. Common side effects include:
- Swelling in the ankles or feet (peripheral edema)
- Dizziness or lightheadedness
- Palpitations (feeling of a rapid heartbeat)
Serious side effects are rare but may include:
- Rapid or irregular heartbeat
- Shortness of breath
- Severe dizziness
- Swelling of the face, lips, tongue, or throat (indicative of an allergic reaction)
It’s essential to inform your healthcare provider if you experience any unusual or severe side effects while taking this medication.
When Not to Use:
Vaslopine 5mg Tablet should not be used in the following situations:
- If you are allergic to Amlodipine Besylate or any other components of the tablet.
- If you have had a significant allergic reaction to other calcium channel blockers.
- If you have severe low blood pressure (hypotension).
- If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant, as its safety during pregnancy has not been established.
Please note that this information is provided for general knowledge, and it’s crucial to consult with a healthcare professional or pharmacist for personalized advice and to discuss any specific concerns or medical conditions before starting or discontinuing any medication.