VPN 20mg Tablet contains the active ingredient Vonoprazan, which belongs to the class of drugs known as potassium-competitive acid blockers (P-CABs). Vonoprazan works by inhibiting the gastric H+/K+-ATPase enzyme, which is responsible for acid production in the stomach. This medication is used to manage certain gastrointestinal conditions related to excess stomach acid.
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD): VPN 20mg Tablet is prescribed for the treatment of GERD, a condition in which stomach acid flows back into the esophagus, causing heartburn, regurgitation, and irritation.
- Peptic Ulcers: It is used to manage peptic ulcers, including both gastric ulcers (occurring in the stomach) and duodenal ulcers (occurring in the first part of the small intestine).
- Helicobacter pylori Eradication: VPN 20mg may be used as part of a combination therapy to eradicate Helicobacter pylori bacteria, which is associated with certain stomach ulcers.
VPN 20mg Tablet is generally well-tolerated, but like any medication, it may cause some side effects in some individuals. Common side effects may include:
- Headache: Some people may experience mild to moderate headaches.
- Nausea and Vomiting: A small number of individuals may experience nausea or vomiting.
- Abdominal Pain: Some patients may report mild abdominal discomfort or pain.
- Diarrhea or Constipation: Gastrointestinal disturbances such as diarrhea or constipation may occur in some cases.
- Dizziness: Rarely, dizziness or lightheadedness may be reported.
When Not to Use:
- Hypersensitivity: If you have a known allergy or hypersensitivity to Vonoprazan or any other components of the tablet, avoid using VPN 20mg.
- Severe Liver Dysfunction: Individuals with severe liver impairment should exercise caution and consult their doctor before using this medication, as it may require dosage adjustment.
- Pregnancy and Breastfeeding: The safety of Vonoprazan during pregnancy and breastfeeding has not been established. Consult your healthcare provider before using this medication if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Children: The safety and efficacy of VPN 20mg Tablet in children have not been established. It is generally not recommended for pediatric use.
Always take VPN 20mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor. Inform your healthcare provider about any existing medical conditions and other medications you may be taking to prevent potential interactions. If you experience severe or persistent side effects, discontinue the medication and seek medical attention. Do not alter the dosage or stop the medication without consulting your doctor.