ANTIAL 10MG 20`S TABLET contains Loratadine, which is a second-generation antihistamine. Loratadine is used to relieve allergy symptoms by blocking the action of histamine, a substance in the body that causes allergy symptoms. ANTIAL 10mg Tablet is formulated for oral administration and is commonly used to alleviate symptoms such as sneezing, runny nose, itchy or watery eyes, and itching of the nose or throat associated with allergic rhinitis and other allergic conditions.
ANTIAL 10mg Tablet is prescribed for the following purposes:
- Allergic Rhinitis: It is used to relieve symptoms of allergic rhinitis, which includes seasonal or perennial allergic reactions to substances such as pollen, dust mites, pet dander, or mold.
- Chronic Urticaria: ANTIAL can be used to alleviate itching and reduce the appearance of hives (urticaria) in individuals with chronic idiopathic urticaria, a condition characterized by persistent hives without an identifiable cause.
ANTIAL 10mg Tablet is generally well-tolerated, and side effects are usually mild and transient. Common side effects may include:
- Headache: Some individuals may experience mild headaches while taking ANTIAL.
- Dry Mouth: ANTIAL may cause dryness of the mouth, which can be managed by staying hydrated.
- Drowsiness: Second-generation antihistamines like Loratadine typically cause less drowsiness than first-generation antihistamines. However, some individuals may still experience mild drowsiness.
- Gastrointestinal Upset: Mild gastrointestinal symptoms, such as nausea or stomach discomfort, are possible but rare.
When Not to Use:
- Allergy to Loratadine: Individuals with a known allergy to Loratadine or any components of ANTIAL 10mg Tablet should avoid using this medication.
- Severe Liver Impairment: ANTIAL should be used with caution or avoided in individuals with severe liver impairment.
- Pregnancy and Breastfeeding: Loratadine is generally considered safe for use during pregnancy and breastfeeding. However, it’s essential to consult with a healthcare provider before taking any medications during these periods.
- Children Under 2 Years: ANTIAL 10mg Tablet is not recommended for use in children under 2 years of age. There are age-appropriate formulations available for pediatric use.
Always follow your healthcare provider’s instructions for the correct dosage and frequency of ANTIAL 10mg Tablet. Inform your healthcare provider about any medical conditions you have or medications you are taking to ensure safe and effective use of Loratadine. If you experience any severe or persistent side effects, discontinue the use of ANTIAL 10mg Tablet and consult your healthcare provider for further evaluation. Loratadine is typically prescribed for short-term use and is not intended for long-term use without medical supervision.