Daploz 5mg Tablet contains the active ingredient Dapagliflozin. It is an oral medication belonging to the class of drugs known as sodium-glucose cotransporter 2 (SGLT2) inhibitors. Dapagliflozin is used to manage certain types of diabetes mellitus.
Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus: Daploz 5mg Tablet is primarily used to treat type 2 diabetes mellitus in adults. It helps control blood sugar levels by inhibiting the reabsorption of glucose in the kidneys, leading to increased glucose excretion through urine. This action helps reduce blood sugar levels and aids in managing diabetes.
- Common Side Effects: Some individuals may experience mild and temporary side effects, including:
- Genital yeast infections (in both men and women)
- Urinary tract infections (UTIs)
- Increased urination
- Dizziness or lightheadedness
- Hypoglycemia (Low Blood Sugar): Dapagliflozin alone is less likely to cause hypoglycemia. However, when used in combination with other diabetes medications like insulin or sulfonylureas, it may increase the risk of low blood sugar. It is essential to monitor blood sugar levels regularly, especially when used with other antidiabetic drugs.
- Ketoacidosis: In rare cases, Daploz 5mg Tablet has been associated with an increased risk of ketoacidosis, a serious condition where the body produces high levels of ketones, leading to acidosis.
When Not to Use:
- Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus: Daploz 5mg Tablet is not indicated for the treatment of type 1 diabetes, as it is not effective in this condition.
- Diabetic Ketoacidosis: This medication should not be used in individuals with diabetic ketoacidosis, a potentially life-threatening condition characterized by high blood sugar levels and ketone accumulation.
- Severe Renal Impairment: Dapagliflozin is primarily excreted through the kidneys. Therefore, it should be avoided in individuals with severe renal impairment or end-stage renal disease.
- Hypersensitivity: Daploz 5mg Tablet should not be used in patients with a known hypersensitivity or allergy to Dapagliflozin or any of the tablet’s components.
- Pregnancy and Breastfeeding: The safety of Dapagliflozin during pregnancy and breastfeeding has not been established. It is generally not recommended during pregnancy, and breastfeeding women should consult their healthcare provider for safer alternatives.
Always use Daploz 5mg Tablet under the guidance of a healthcare professional, and inform them about your medical history, current medications, and any known allergies. This information is for general awareness and should not replace professional medical advice.