Inosita 100mg tablet contains the active ingredient Sitagliptin, which is an oral antidiabetic medication belonging to the class of dipeptidyl peptidase-4 (DPP-4) inhibitors. It is formulated as a tablet for oral administration and is prescribed to manage type 2 diabetes mellitus.
- Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus: Inosita 100mg tablet is primarily used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus. It helps lower blood glucose levels by inhibiting the enzyme DPP-4, which increases the levels of incretin hormones. These hormones stimulate insulin release and reduce the production of glucose by the liver.
Inosita 100mg tablet is generally well-tolerated, but some individuals may experience side effects. Common side effects of Sitagliptin may include:
- Upper Respiratory Tract Infections: Some users may experience mild upper respiratory tract infections, such as the common cold.
- Headache: Sitagliptin may cause mild to moderate headaches in some individuals.
- Nasopharyngitis: It may lead to inflammation of the nasal passages and throat.
- Hypoglycemia: In some cases, Inosita may cause low blood sugar levels, especially when used in combination with other antidiabetic medications.
- Joint Pain: Some individuals may experience joint pain or arthralgia.
When Not to Use:
- Type 1 Diabetes: Inosita 100mg tablet is not indicated for the treatment of type 1 diabetes.
- Diabetic Ketoacidosis: It should not be used in patients with diabetic ketoacidosis, a severe complication of diabetes characterized by high blood sugar and ketone production.
- Severe Renal Impairment: Dosage adjustments may be necessary in patients with severe kidney (renal) impairment.
- Pregnancy and Breastfeeding: Inosita 100mg tablet should be used with caution during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Consult a healthcare professional before using this medication in such situations.
Important Note: Inosita 100mg tablet is a prescription medication and should only be used under the guidance and supervision of a healthcare professional. Dosage adjustments may be required based on individual response and other medical conditions.
Always inform your healthcare provider about any existing medical conditions or medications you may be taking before starting Inosita 100mg tablet to avoid potential interactions or contraindications. If you experience any severe or persistent side effects, inform your healthcare provider promptly. Regular monitoring of blood glucose levels and follow-up with the healthcare provider are essential during the course of treatment with this medication.