Ldura 2mg Tablet contains the active ingredient Doxazosin Mesylate. It belongs to a class of medications known as alpha-blockers. Doxazosin works by relaxing the muscles in the prostate and bladder neck, making it easier to urinate. Additionally, it may also lower blood pressure by relaxing blood vessels.
- Hypertension: Ldura Tablet is prescribed to treat high blood pressure (hypertension) by relaxing blood vessels, thereby lowering blood pressure.
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH): It is also used to improve symptoms associated with benign prostatic hyperplasia, such as difficulty urinating, weak urine stream, and frequent urination, by relaxing muscles in the prostate and bladder neck.
- Common side effects of Ldura 2mg Tablet may include:
- Less common but potentially serious side effects may include fainting, rapid or pounding heartbeat, or symptoms of low blood pressure.
- Take Ldura 2mg Tablet exactly as prescribed by your healthcare provider.
- Inform your doctor about any pre-existing medical conditions, especially liver or kidney disease, before starting this medication.
- Use caution when standing up from a sitting or lying position, as Doxazosin may cause dizziness or lightheadedness, especially at the beginning of treatment or when the dose is increased.
- Avoid activities that require mental alertness, such as driving or operating machinery, until you know how Ldura Tablet affects you.
- If you are undergoing cataract surgery, inform your eye surgeon that you are taking Ldura Tablet, as it may increase the risk of complications during surgery.
When Not to Use:
Avoid using Ldura 2mg Tablet if:
- You have a known allergy to Doxazosin Mesylate or any other ingredients in the tablet.
- You are pregnant or planning to become pregnant, as the safety of Doxazosin during pregnancy has not been established.
- You are breastfeeding, as it is not recommended to use Doxazosin while breastfeeding due to the potential risk to the infant.