Lendra 70 mg tablet contains the active ingredient Alendronate Sodium, which is a bisphosphonate medication. It is used in the treatment of bone conditions, specifically osteoporosis. Alendronate Sodium helps to increase bone density and reduce the risk of fractures in individuals with osteoporosis or other bone disorders.
- Osteoporosis in Postmenopausal Women: Lendra 70 mg tablet is primarily prescribed for postmenopausal women with osteoporosis to increase bone mass and reduce the risk of fractures, including hip and spine fractures.
- Osteoporosis in Men: It may also be used to treat osteoporosis in men to improve bone density and prevent fractures.
- Glucocorticoid-Induced Osteoporosis: Alendronate Sodium can be used to manage osteoporosis caused by long-term use of glucocorticoids (steroid medications).
Alendronate Sodium is generally well-tolerated, but some individuals may experience side effects. Common side effects of Lendra 70 mg tablet may include:
- Gastrointestinal Disturbances: This may include abdominal pain, nausea, or heartburn.
- Difficulty Swallowing: Some users may experience difficulty swallowing the tablet, which can be managed by following specific administration instructions.
- Muscle or Joint Pain: Alendronate Sodium may cause mild muscle or joint pain in some individuals.
- Headache: Some users may experience mild to moderate headaches.
- Skin Rash: Rarely, individuals may experience skin rashes or allergic reactions.
When Not to Use:
- Allergy: Lendra 70 mg tablet should not be used in individuals with a known hypersensitivity or allergy to Alendronate Sodium or any other bisphosphonate medications.
- Inability to Stand or Sit Upright: Alendronate Sodium should not be used in patients who cannot stand or sit upright for at least 30 minutes, as this is required after taking the tablet to avoid potential irritation of the esophagus.
- Hypocalcemia: It should not be used in individuals with low blood calcium levels (hypocalcemia).
- Esophageal Abnormalities: Lendra 70 mg tablet is contraindicated in patients with abnormalities of the esophagus that may delay esophageal emptying or lead to narrowing of the esophagus.
Important Note: Lendra 70 mg tablet should be taken with a full glass of water, and patients should remain upright for at least 30 minutes after taking the tablet to minimize the risk of irritation to the esophagus. It is essential to follow the prescribed dosing schedule and avoid taking other medications or supplements at the same time as Alendronate Sodium, as they may interfere with its absorption.
Always inform your doctor about any existing medical conditions or medications you may be taking before starting Lendra 70 mg tablet to avoid potential interactions or contraindications. If you experience any severe or persistent side effects, inform your healthcare provider promptly. Regular monitoring and follow-up with the healthcare provider are crucial during treatment with this medication.