Moor 4mg sachets contain Montelukast Sodium as the active ingredient. Montelukast is a medication that belongs to a class of drugs known as leukotriene receptor antagonists. It is primarily used to manage and prevent asthma symptoms, including wheezing, shortness of breath, and coughing. Moor sachets are designed for oral administration and provide a convenient way to deliver the medication.
- Headache: Headaches are a common side effect of Montelukast and may occur in some individuals.
- Gastrointestinal effects: Montelukast can cause gastrointestinal symptoms such as nausea, diarrhea, and stomach discomfort.
- Behavioral changes: In rare cases, Montelukast has been associated with behavioral changes, including agitation, aggression, mood swings, and hallucinations, particularly in children.
- Allergic reactions: Although rare, Montelukast can cause allergic reactions, which may include rash, itching, swelling, or difficulty breathing. Seek immediate medical attention if any allergic symptoms occur.
- Other side effects: Other less common side effects of Montelukast include dizziness, fatigue, sleep disturbances, muscle or joint pain, and increased bleeding tendency.
When Not to Use:
- Allergy or hypersensitivity: If you have a known allergy or hypersensitivity to Montelukast or any other ingredients in Moor sachets, avoid using them.
- Acute asthma attack: Montelukast is not intended for the treatment of acute asthma attacks. It should not be used to relieve sudden or severe asthma symptoms. A rescue inhaler should be used instead.
- Phenylketonuria (PKU): Moor sachets contain aspartame, which is a source of phenylalanine. If you have PKU, a genetic disorder that affects the metabolism of phenylalanine, consult a healthcare professional before using Moor sachets.
- Liver disease: Montelukast is metabolized by the liver, so its use should be monitored in individuals with liver disease or impaired liver function.
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding: The use of Montelukast during pregnancy or breastfeeding should be done under the guidance and supervision of a healthcare professional. It is important to weigh the potential risks and benefits in these situations.
Note: The description, side effects, and contraindications provided here are general in nature. It is essential to consult a healthcare professional or refer to the product label for specific instructions, warnings, and precautions before using Moor 4mg sachets or any other medication.