Oridone 4mg Tablet contains the active ingredient Risperidone, which belongs to the class of medications known as atypical antipsychotics. It is a prescription medicine used to treat certain mental/mood disorders and related symptoms. Risperidone works by affecting the balance of certain chemicals in the brain to help improve thinking, mood, and behavior.
- Schizophrenia: Oridone 4mg Tablet is primarily used for the treatment of schizophrenia, a severe mental disorder characterized by distorted thoughts, emotions, and perceptions.
- Bipolar Disorder: It is also prescribed for the management of bipolar disorder (manic depression). This condition involves alternating episodes of depression and mania (elevated mood, hyperactivity, and impulsiveness).
- Irritability in Autism Spectrum Disorders: Risperidone may be used to treat irritability (aggression, self-injury, and sudden mood changes) in children and adolescents with autism spectrum disorders.
Risperidone can cause side effects, and their severity varies from person to person. Some common side effects of Oridone 4mg Tablet include:
- Drowsiness: Feeling excessively sleepy or tired during the day.
- Weight Gain: An increase in body weight may occur during treatment.
- Dizziness: Sensation of spinning or unsteadiness.
- Increased Appetite: Feeling hungrier than usual and having an increased desire to eat.
- Dry Mouth: Reduced saliva production, leading to a dry feeling in the mouth.
- Constipation: Difficulty in passing stools or infrequent bowel movements.
- Nausea: Feeling the urge to vomit.
- Vomiting: Discharging stomach contents through the mouth.
- Restlessness: Feeling unable to sit still or a constant need to move.
It’s essential to note that not everyone will experience these side effects, and some individuals may not experience any side effects at all.
In some cases, Oridone 4mg Tablet may cause more severe side effects, such as:
- Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome (NMS): A rare but potentially life-threatening condition characterized by high fever, muscle stiffness, confusion, and changes in blood pressure and heart rate.
- Tardive Dyskinesia: Involuntary, repetitive movements of the face and body, which may be irreversible in some cases.
If any severe side effects occur, immediate medical attention is necessary.
When Not to Use:
Oridone 4mg Tablet should not be used in certain situations to avoid potential risks and complications. Do not use this medication if:
- Allergy: You are allergic to risperidone or any of the tablet’s inactive ingredients. Signs of an allergic reaction may include rash, itching, swelling, severe dizziness, or difficulty breathing. Seek medical help immediately if you experience any of these symptoms.
- Parkinson’s Disease: Risperidone may worsen the symptoms of Parkinson’s disease, a neurological disorder affecting movement.
- Dementia-Related Psychosis: Oridone 4mg Tablet is not approved for use in elderly patients with dementia-related psychosis as it may increase the risk of stroke and death.
- Breastfeeding: Risperidone passes into breast milk and may harm the nursing infant. It is generally not recommended during breastfeeding, and alternative treatments should be considered.
Always follow your doctor’s instructions regarding the use of Oridone 4mg Tablet and inform them about any existing medical conditions or medications you are taking to ensure safe and effective treatment.