Orgab 75mg Tablet contains the active ingredient Pregabalin, which is an anticonvulsant and neuropathic pain medication. It is a prescription drug that affects the release of certain neurotransmitters in the brain, helping to decrease nerve-related pain signals and alleviate seizures in certain conditions.
- Neuropathic Pain: Orgab 75mg Tablet is primarily used for the management of neuropathic pain, which is caused by damage or dysfunction of the nerves. It is often prescribed for conditions like diabetic neuropathy (nerve pain due to diabetes), postherpetic neuralgia (nerve pain following shingles), and fibromyalgia (chronic pain and tenderness in muscles and soft tissues).
- Epilepsy: Pregabalin is also indicated as an adjunctive therapy (additional treatment) for partial-onset seizures in adults with epilepsy.
Pregabalin may cause side effects, though not everyone experiences them. Some common side effects of Orgab 75mg Tablet include:
- Dizziness: Feeling lightheaded or unsteady.
- Drowsiness: Feeling excessively sleepy or tired during the day.
- Weight Gain: An increase in body weight may occur during treatment.
- Blurred Vision: A decrease in clarity or sharpness of vision.
- Dry Mouth: Reduced saliva production, leading to a dry feeling in the mouth.
- Constipation: Difficulty in passing stools or infrequent bowel movements.
- Edema: Swelling in the hands, legs, or feet due to fluid retention.
- Increased Appetite: Feeling hungrier than usual and having an increased desire to eat.
Most of these side effects are mild and transient, improving as the body adjusts to the medication. However, if any of these symptoms persist or become bothersome, consult your healthcare provider.
In some cases, individuals may experience more severe side effects, such as:
- Mood Changes: Including symptoms of depression or suicidal thoughts.
- Allergic Reactions: Rarely, some people may experience allergic reactions to Pregabalin, characterized by symptoms like rash, itching, swelling, severe dizziness, or difficulty breathing. Seek immediate medical help if you experience any signs of an allergic reaction.
When Not to Use:
Orgab 75mg Tablet should not be used under certain circumstances to avoid potential complications and risks. Do not use this medication if:
- Allergy: You are allergic to Pregabalin or any of the tablet’s inactive ingredients. If you experience signs of an allergic reaction, seek medical help promptly.
- Severe Heart Problems: Pregabalin may lead to an increased risk of heart failure in some individuals with pre-existing heart problems.
- Myasthenia Gravis: A rare neuromuscular disorder characterized by weakness and fatigue of muscles. Pregabalin may worsen symptoms in people with Myasthenia Gravis.
- Pregnancy: Pregabalin use during pregnancy may pose risks to the unborn baby. If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant, discuss the potential risks and benefits with your healthcare provider.
Always follow your doctor’s instructions regarding the use of Orgab 75mg Tablet and inform them about any existing medical conditions or medications you are taking to ensure safe and effective treatment.