REVOMET PLUS GEL 40GM is a topical medication that contains the active ingredient Metronidazole. It belongs to the nitroimidazole class of drugs and is widely used for its antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties. When applied to the skin, the gel provides localized treatment for various skin conditions caused by bacterial or protozoal infections.
- Bacterial Skin Infections: Revomet Plus Gel is primarily used to treat bacterial skin infections, such as infected wounds, bacterial dermatitis, and impetigo.
- Acne Rosacea: The gel’s anti-inflammatory properties make it effective in managing acne rosacea, a skin condition characterized by redness and small, pus-filled bumps on the face.
- Protozoal Infections: Metronidazole’s activity against certain protozoa makes it beneficial in treating conditions like Trichomoniasis, a sexually transmitted infection, when applied topically to the affected area.
While topical application of Revomet Plus Gel generally leads to fewer side effects compared to oral use, some individuals may still experience the following:
- Skin Irritation: Mild irritation, redness, or itching at the application site may occur in some cases. If severe irritation or allergic reactions develop, discontinue use and seek medical advice.
- Dryness or Peeling: The gel may cause dryness or peeling of the skin at the site of application.
- Unpleasant Taste: In case of accidental ingestion (which should be avoided), some users may experience an unpleasant taste in the mouth.
When Not to Use:
Revomet Plus Gel may not be suitable for certain individuals or conditions. Avoid using the gel in the following cases:
- Allergy or Sensitivity: Individuals with known hypersensitivity to Metronidazole or any other ingredients in the gel should avoid its use.
- Eye or Mucosal Area: The gel is intended for topical use only and should not be applied to the eyes or mucosal areas (inside the mouth, nose, or vagina).
- Pregnancy and Breastfeeding: Pregnant or breastfeeding individuals should consult their healthcare provider before using the gel to assess its safety for their specific condition.
- Blood Disorders: People with a history of blood disorders or with blood dyscrasias should use this gel with caution and under medical supervision.
- Central Nervous System Disorders: Metronidazole can rarely affect the central nervous system. If you have a history of neurological disorders, consult your doctor before using this gel.
It is essential to follow the prescribed application instructions and consult a healthcare professional if you have any concerns or experience adverse reactions while using Revomet Plus Gel. Avoid applying the gel to broken or damaged skin, and keep it out of reach of children.