ROVISTA EZ 20+10 MG TABLET is a combination medication that contains two active ingredients: rosuvastatin and ezetimibe. Rosuvastatin belongs to a class of medications known as statins, while ezetimibe is a cholesterol absorption inhibitor. This combination medicine is prescribed to manage high cholesterol levels in individuals who require treatment with multiple drugs to control their cholesterol.
Rovista EZ 20+10mg Tablet is primarily used for the following purposes:
- High Cholesterol: This medication is prescribed to lower elevated levels of cholesterol in the blood. It is typically recommended for individuals with primary hypercholesterolemia (high cholesterol levels due to genetic factors) or mixed dyslipidemia (abnormal lipid profile with high cholesterol and high triglycerides). Rosuvastatin reduces the production of cholesterol in the liver, while ezetimibe inhibits the absorption of cholesterol from the diet.
Rovista EZ 20+10mg Tablet may cause some side effects in certain individuals. The following side effects have been reported but may not be experienced by everyone:
- Muscle Pain or Weakness: Some individuals may experience muscle-related side effects such as muscle pain, tenderness, or weakness. These symptoms may be indicative of a rare but serious condition called rhabdomyolysis. If you experience unexplained muscle pain or weakness, notify your healthcare provider immediately.
- Gastrointestinal Disturbances: Common side effects may include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, or constipation.
- Headache: Some individuals may experience headaches while taking this medication.
- Increased Liver Enzymes: In rare cases, there may be an elevation in liver enzymes. Regular liver function tests are usually recommended to monitor liver health.
It is important to note that this is not an exhaustive list of side effects. If you experience any unusual or persistent symptoms, it is essential to consult your healthcare provider for further evaluation.
When Not to Use:
Rovista EZ 20+10mg Tablet should not be used under certain circumstances, including:
- Hypersensitivity: If you have a known allergy or hypersensitivity to rosuvastatin, ezetimibe, or any other ingredients present in Rovista EZ 20+10mg Tablet, you should avoid using it.
- Active Liver Disease: This medication is contraindicated in individuals with active liver disease or unexplained persistent elevations in liver function tests.
- Pregnancy and Breastfeeding: Rovista EZ 20+10mg Tablet is not recommended for use during pregnancy or while breastfeeding. It may have potential risks to the developing fetus or nursing infant.
It is crucial to inform your healthcare provider about your complete medical history, including any pre-existing conditions or allergies, before starting this medication. Regular monitoring of cholesterol levels and liver function tests may be necessary.
Please note that the information provided here is a general overview and should not replace professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or pharmacist for specific guidance tailored to your individual needs.