ROVISTA EZ 10+10mg Tablets are a combination medication that contains two active ingredients: Rosuvastatin and Ezetimibe. Rosuvastatin is a statin drug that helps lower cholesterol levels by inhibiting the production of cholesterol in the liver. Ezetimibe is a cholesterol absorption inhibitor that reduces the absorption of cholesterol from the intestine into the bloodstream. The combination of these two drugs helps to lower LDL (bad) cholesterol levels and improve lipid profiles in individuals with hypercholesterolemia or high cholesterol.
ROVISTA EZ 10+10mg Tablets are prescribed for the following purposes:
- Hypercholesterolemia: It is used to lower elevated LDL cholesterol levels in individuals with primary hypercholesterolemia or mixed dyslipidemia.
- Hyperlipidemia: ROVISTA EZ is used to improve the overall lipid profile by reducing total cholesterol and triglycerides in the blood.
ROVISTA EZ 10+10mg Tablets are generally well-tolerated, but like any medication, it may cause some side effects. Common side effects may include:
- Gastrointestinal Upset: Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or stomach discomfort may occur in some individuals.
- Muscle Pain: Statins, including Rosuvastatin, may rarely cause muscle pain or weakness in some individuals.
- Liver Function Abnormalities: Both Rosuvastatin and Ezetimibe may affect liver function, so regular liver function tests are usually recommended during treatment.
- Headache: Some individuals may experience mild headaches while taking ROVISTA EZ.
When Not to Use:
- Allergy to Rosuvastatin or Ezetimibe: Individuals with a known allergy to Rosuvastatin, Ezetimibe, or any components of ROVISTA EZ 10+10mg Tablets should avoid using this medication.
- Active Liver Disease: ROVISTA EZ should not be used in individuals with active liver disease or unexplained persistent elevations of liver function tests.
- Pregnancy and Breastfeeding: This medication is not recommended for use during pregnancy or breastfeeding. It should only be used if the potential benefits outweigh the risks, and under the supervision of a healthcare provider.
- Certain Medications: ROVISTA EZ may interact with certain medications, so it’s essential to inform your healthcare provider about all the medications you are taking to avoid potential drug interactions.
Always follow your healthcare provider’s instructions for the correct dosage and frequency of ROVISTA EZ 10+10mg Tablets. Regular monitoring of cholesterol levels and liver function may be necessary during treatment. Inform your healthcare provider about any medical conditions you have or medications you are taking to ensure safe and effective use of this combination medication. If you experience any severe or persistent side effects, discontinue the use of ROVISTA EZ 10+10mg Tablets and consult your healthcare provider for further evaluation.