Tanavul 20mg Tablet contains the active ingredient Vonoprazan, which belongs to the class of proton pump inhibitors (PPIs). It is commonly prescribed to reduce stomach acid production and treat conditions associated with excessive gastric acid.
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD): Tanavul is used to treat GERD, a condition where stomach acid flows back into the esophagus, causing irritation.
- Peptic Ulcers: It may be prescribed for the healing and maintenance of peptic ulcers in the stomach or duodenum.
- Erosive Esophagitis: Tanavul is indicated for the treatment of erosive esophagitis, which is inflammation and damage to the esophagus caused by stomach acid.
- Helicobacter pylori Eradication: In combination with antibiotics, Vonoprazan may be used to eradicate Helicobacter pylori bacteria in the stomach, reducing the risk of peptic ulcers.
Dosage and Administration:
- The dosage is determined by the healthcare provider based on the specific condition being treated.
- Tablets are usually taken orally, with or without food, as directed by the prescribing physician.
Common side effects may include:
- Abdominal pain
Serious side effects are rare but may include severe allergic reactions. Consult a healthcare professional if any severe side effects occur.
When Not to Use:
- Allergies: Avoid Tanavul 20mg Tablet if allergic to Vonoprazan or any other components.
Precautions and Warnings:
- Bone Fractures: Long-term use of PPIs like Vonoprazan may be associated with an increased risk of bone fractures, especially in the hip, wrist, or spine.
- Kidney Disease: Use with caution in individuals with kidney impairment, and dosage adjustments may be necessary.
- Liver Issues: Monitor liver function in patients with pre-existing liver conditions.
- Pregnancy and Breastfeeding: Consult with a healthcare professional before using Tanavul during pregnancy or while breastfeeding.
Tanavul 20mg Tablet, containing Vonoprazan, is a proton pump inhibitor used to manage conditions related to excessive stomach acid production. It should be used under the guidance of a healthcare professional, and any concerns or side effects should be promptly discussed with the prescribing physician. Regular follow-up appointments are important for monitoring the medication’s effectiveness and adjusting the treatment plan if necessary.