Azomax Capsule 250mg contains Azithromycin as its active ingredient. Azithromycin is a broad-spectrum antibiotic that belongs to the macrolide class. It works by inhibiting the growth of bacteria, thereby treating various bacterial infections. Azomax Capsule is available in a 250mg strength.
- Bacterial infections: Azomax Capsule is prescribed for the treatment of various bacterial infections, including respiratory tract infections (such as bronchitis, pneumonia, and sinusitis), skin and soft tissue infections, ear infections, sexually transmitted infections (such as chlamydia), and certain gastrointestinal infections.
- Sexually transmitted infections (STIs): Azomax Capsule may be used to treat certain sexually transmitted infections, such as chlamydia, in both men and women.
- Prevention of bacterial endocarditis: In some cases, Azomax Capsule may be prescribed as a prophylactic measure to prevent bacterial endocarditis, particularly in individuals with certain heart conditions before undergoing dental or surgical procedures.
While Azomax Capsule is generally well-tolerated, it may cause some side effects in certain individuals. Common side effects can include gastrointestinal symptoms like nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, and loss of appetite. Other potential side effects may include headache, dizziness, skin rash, and allergic reactions. If any severe or persistent side effects occur, it is important to seek medical attention.
When Not to Use:
- Allergy or hypersensitivity: Azomax Capsule should not be used in individuals with a known allergy or hypersensitivity to Azithromycin or any other macrolide antibiotics.
- Liver or kidney disease: Patients with severe liver or kidney impairment may require dosage adjustments or need to avoid the use of Azomax Capsule. It is important to consult a healthcare professional in such cases.
- Myasthenia gravis: Azithromycin may worsen the symptoms of myasthenia gravis, a neuromuscular disorder. It should be used with caution or avoided in individuals with this condition.
- Drug interactions: Azomax Capsule may interact with certain medications, including antacids, ergotamine or dihydroergotamine, and some cholesterol-lowering medications. It is crucial to inform the healthcare provider about all the medications being taken to prevent potential interactions.
Note: This is a general overview of the description, uses, side effects, and contraindications of Azomax Capsule (Azithromycin). It is essential to consult with a healthcare professional or refer to the product’s packaging and instructions for specific and up-to-date information before using this antibiotic medication.