CLOPID ASP 75 MG TABLET is a combination medication that contains two active ingredients: Clopidogrel and Aspirin. Clopidogrel belongs to a class of drugs called antiplatelets, which help prevent blood clots from forming by inhibiting platelet aggregation. Aspirin is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) that also has antiplatelet effects. The combination of these two medications is commonly prescribed for certain cardiovascular conditions to reduce the risk of heart attack, stroke, and other clot-related events. CLOPID ASP 75 MG TABLET is usually taken orally once daily as directed by a healthcare professional.
CLOPID ASP 75 MG TABLET may cause certain side effects. While not all individuals will experience these side effects, it is important to be aware of them. Common side effects of CLOPID ASP 75 MG TABLET may include:
- Gastrointestinal disturbances: These can include stomach upset, heartburn, indigestion, or abdominal pain. Taking the medication with food or milk may help alleviate these symptoms.
- Bruising or bleeding: Both clopidogrel and aspirin can increase the risk of bleeding. This can manifest as easy bruising, nosebleeds, or prolonged bleeding from cuts or injuries.
- Allergic reactions: Some individuals may be hypersensitive to clopidogrel, aspirin, or other ingredients in the tablet and may experience allergic reactions such as rash, itching, swelling, or difficulty breathing.
If you experience any severe or persistent side effects, such as severe bleeding or signs of an allergic reaction, seek immediate medical attention.
When Not to Use:
There are certain circumstances when the use of CLOPID ASP 75 MG TABLET should be avoided. Here are some instances when it is contraindicated:
- Hypersensitivity: If you have a known hypersensitivity or allergy to clopidogrel, aspirin, or any other components of the tablet, its use should be avoided.
- Active bleeding: CLOPID ASP 75 MG TABLET should not be used in individuals with active pathological bleeding, such as bleeding ulcers, bleeding in the brain, or bleeding disorders.
- Severe liver or kidney disease: The use of CLOPID ASP 75 MG TABLET may be contraindicated in individuals with severe liver or kidney disease due to an increased risk of bleeding complications.
It is important to discuss your medical history, current medications, and any potential contraindications with a healthcare professional before starting CLOPID ASP 75 MG TABLET.
Note: This is a general description, and it is essential to consult a healthcare professional or refer to the medication’s package insert for complete and accurate information about CLOPID ASP 75 MG TABLET, including dosing instructions, precautions, and potential drug interactions.