EC Pram 10mg tablet contains the active ingredient Escitalopram, which is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) antidepressant. It is formulated as an oral tablet and is commonly used to treat various mood disorders.
- Depression: EC Pram 10mg tablet is primarily prescribed for the treatment of major depressive disorder (MDD), a condition characterized by persistent feelings of sadness, loss of interest, and other emotional and physical symptoms.
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder: It is also used in the management of generalized anxiety disorder (GAD), a condition characterized by excessive and persistent worry and anxiety.
- Social Anxiety Disorder: Escitalopram can be used to treat social anxiety disorder, which involves a fear of social situations and a tendency to avoid them.
- Panic Disorder: It may be prescribed for panic disorder, a condition characterized by sudden and recurring episodes of intense fear and physical symptoms.
Escitalopram is generally well-tolerated, but some individuals may experience side effects. Common side effects of EC Pram 10mg tablet may include:
- Nausea: Some users may experience mild to moderate nausea.
- Headache: Escitalopram may cause mild to moderate headaches in some individuals.
- Insomnia: It may lead to difficulty falling asleep or disrupted sleep patterns.
- Sexual Dysfunction: Some patients may experience sexual problems, such as decreased libido or difficulty achieving orgasm.
- Fatigue: Escitalopram can cause fatigue or feelings of tiredness.
- Gastrointestinal Disturbances: This may include diarrhea or constipation.
- Increased Sweating: Some individuals may experience excessive sweating while taking EC Pram.
When Not to Use:
- Allergy: EC Pram 10mg tablet should not be used in individuals with a known hypersensitivity or allergy to Escitalopram or other SSRIs.
- Concomitant Use with MAOIs: It should not be used in patients taking monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) or within two weeks of discontinuing MAOIs due to the risk of serotonin syndrome.
- Bipolar Disorder: Escitalopram is not recommended for the treatment of bipolar disorder, as it may induce manic episodes.
- Use in Children: It is not approved for use in children and adolescents under the age of 18 years for the treatment of depression.
Important Note: EC Pram 10mg tablet is a prescription medication that should only be used under the guidance and supervision of a healthcare professional. Dosage adjustments and regular monitoring are essential during treatment. Abrupt discontinuation should be avoided, and the medication should not be stopped without consulting the prescribing doctor.
Inform your doctor about any existing medical conditions or medications you may be taking before starting EC Pram 10mg tablet to avoid potential interactions or contraindications. If you experience any severe or persistent side effects, inform your healthcare provider promptly. Regular follow-up appointments with your doctor are crucial during the course of treatment with this medication.