Exval A 10/160 tablet is a combination medication that contains two active ingredients: Amlodipine & Valsartan. It is formulated as an oral tablet and is prescribed for the management of hypertension (high blood pressure). Amlodipine is a calcium channel blocker, while Valsartan is an angiotensin II receptor blocker (ARB). The combination of these two drugs provides an effective approach to controlling blood pressure.
- Hypertension (High Blood Pressure): Exval A 10/160 tablet is primarily used to treat hypertension in individuals whose blood pressure is not adequately controlled by a single antihypertensive medication. It helps relax blood vessels and reduce the resistance against which the heart pumps, leading to a decrease in blood pressure.
Exval A 10/160 tablet is generally well-tolerated, but some individuals may experience side effects. Common side effects of the medication may include:
- Dizziness: Some users may experience mild to moderate dizziness, especially when getting up from a sitting or lying position.
- Headache: Exval A may cause mild to moderate headaches in some individuals.
- Swelling: Amlodipine can cause peripheral edema, leading to swelling of the ankles, feet, or hands.
- Flushing: Rarely, individuals may experience flushing or redness of the face.
- Palpitations: Some users may experience a sensation of rapid or irregular heartbeats.
When Not to Use:
- Hypersensitivity: Exval A 10/160 tablet should not be used in individuals with a known hypersensitivity or allergy to Amlodipine, Valsartan, or any other components of the medication.
- Severe Liver Impairment: The use of this medication is not recommended in patients with severe liver impairment.
- Pregnancy: Exval A is contraindicated during pregnancy, especially during the second and third trimesters, as it may cause harm to the fetus.
- Breastfeeding: It is not recommended for use in breastfeeding women, as both Amlodipine and Valsartan can pass into breast milk.
Important Note: Exval A 10/160 tablet is a prescription medication and should only be used under the guidance and supervision of a healthcare professional. Dosage adjustments and regular monitoring of blood pressure are essential during treatment. Abrupt discontinuation of the medication should be avoided, and the medication should not be stopped without consulting the prescribing doctor.
Inform your healthcare provider about any existing medical conditions or medications you may be taking before starting Exval A 10/160 tablet to avoid potential interactions or contraindications. If you experience any severe or persistent side effects, inform your healthcare provider promptly. Regular monitoring of blood pressure and follow-up with the healthcare provider are crucial during the course of treatment with this medication.