SITAPHAGE 50/1000mg Tablet is a combination medication that contains two active ingredients: Sitagliptin and Metformin. Sitagliptin belongs to a class of drugs called dipeptidyl peptidase-4 (DPP-4) inhibitors, which help lower blood sugar levels by increasing insulin release and reducing the production of glucose by the liver. Metformin is a biguanide that improves insulin sensitivity and reduces the production of glucose in the liver. The combination of these two drugs helps to control blood sugar levels in individuals with type 2 diabetes.
SITAPHAGE 50/1000mg Tablet is prescribed for the following purposes:
- Type 2 Diabetes: It is used to manage and control blood sugar levels in individuals with type 2 diabetes mellitus. This combination medication helps improve glycemic control when diet and exercise alone are not sufficient.
SITAPHAGE 50/1000mg Tablet is generally well-tolerated, but like any medication, it may cause some side effects. Common side effects may include:
- Gastrointestinal Upset: Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or stomach discomfort may occur in some individuals.
- Hypoglycemia: Low blood sugar levels (hypoglycemia) may occur, especially when combined with other diabetes medications like insulin or sulfonylureas.
- Headache: Some individuals may experience mild headaches while taking SITAPHAGE.
- Dizziness: Dizziness may occur in some individuals, especially if they are sensitive to changes in blood sugar levels.
When Not to Use:
- Type 1 Diabetes: SITAPHAGE 50/1000mg Tablet is not suitable for the treatment of type 1 diabetes, which is insulin-dependent diabetes.
- Diabetic Ketoacidosis: This medication should not be used in individuals with diabetic ketoacidosis, a severe complication of diabetes characterized by high blood sugar levels and the presence of ketones in the urine.
- Kidney Impairment: SITAPHAGE should be used with caution in individuals with severe kidney impairment or those with a history of kidney disease.
- Allergy to Sitagliptin or Metformin: Individuals with a known allergy to Sitagliptin, Metformin, or any components of SITAPHAGE 50/1000mg Tablet should avoid using this medication.
Always follow your healthcare provider’s instructions for the correct dosage and frequency of SITAPHAGE 50/1000mg Tablet. Regular monitoring of blood sugar levels and kidney function may be necessary during treatment. Inform your healthcare provider about any medical conditions you have or medications you are taking to ensure safe and effective use of this combination medication. If you experience any severe or persistent side effects, discontinue the use of SITAPHAGE 50/1000mg Tablet and consult your healthcare provider for further evaluation.