UNISETRON 2MG/5ML 25ML SYRUP contains the active ingredient Ondansetron. It belongs to a class of medications called serotonin 5-HT3 receptor antagonists. Ondansetron is primarily used to prevent nausea and vomiting caused by certain medical treatments such as chemotherapy or radiation therapy. It works by blocking the action of serotonin, a chemical messenger in the body that triggers nausea and vomiting. Unisetron Syrup is available in a 2mg/5ml concentration and is usually taken orally.
While Unisetron Syrup is generally well-tolerated, it may cause some side effects in certain individuals. Common side effects of Ondansetron may include:
- Blurred vision
- Flushing (redness and warmth of the skin)
- Rash or allergic reactions (rare)
These side effects are usually mild and temporary. However, if you experience severe or persistent side effects, it is important to seek medical attention.
When Not to Use:
There are certain situations when Unisetron Syrup should be used with caution or avoided. It is important to consult with your doctor or healthcare provider before using this medication if:
- You are allergic to Ondansetron or any other ingredients in Unisetron Syrup.
- You have a history of severe liver problems.
- You are taking medications that may interact with Ondansetron, such as certain antidepressants or antiarrhythmic drugs.
- You have a condition called long QT syndrome or other heart rhythm disorders.
Additionally, it is important to inform your healthcare provider about all medications you are currently taking, including over-the-counter medications and supplements, as they may interact with Ondansetron.
Please note that this information is not exhaustive and should not replace the advice of a healthcare professional. Always read the product label and consult with a healthcare provider for complete and accurate details regarding the usage, precautions, and potential side effects of Unisetron Syrup.