DIAMPA-M 12.5MG+850MG TABLET is a combination medication that contains two active ingredients: Empagliflozin and Metformin. Empagliflozin is an SGLT2 inhibitor that helps lower blood sugar levels by promoting the excretion of glucose in the urine. Metformin is a biguanide that reduces the production of glucose in the liver and improves the body’s response to insulin. The combination of these two drugs helps to control blood sugar levels in individuals with type 2 diabetes.
DIAMPA-M 12.5mg + 850mg Tablet is prescribed for the following purposes:
- Type 2 Diabetes: It is used to manage and control blood sugar levels in individuals with type 2 diabetes mellitus. This medication helps improve glycemic control when diet and exercise alone are not sufficient.
DIAMPA-M 12.5mg + 850mg Tablet is generally well-tolerated, but like any medication, it may cause some side effects. Common side effects may include:
- Gastrointestinal Upset: Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or stomach discomfort may occur in some individuals.
- Urinary Tract Infections: Empagliflozin can increase the risk of urinary tract infections (UTIs) in some people.
- Genital Infections: Some individuals may experience genital yeast infections, especially in females.
- Hypoglycemia: Low blood sugar levels (hypoglycemia) may occur, especially when combined with other diabetes medications like insulin or sulfonylureas.
When Not to Use:
- Type 1 Diabetes: DIAMPA-M 12.5mg + 850mg Tablet is not suitable for the treatment of type 1 diabetes, which is insulin-dependent diabetes.
- Diabetic Ketoacidosis: This medication should not be used in individuals with diabetic ketoacidosis, a severe complication of diabetes characterized by high blood sugar levels and the presence of ketones in the urine.
- Kidney Impairment: DIAMPA-M should be used with caution in individuals with severe kidney impairment or those with a history of kidney disease.
- Allergy to Empagliflozin or Metformin: Individuals with a known allergy to Empagliflozin, Metformin, or any components of DIAMPA-M 12.5mg + 850mg Tablet should avoid using this medication.
Always follow your healthcare provider’s instructions for the correct dosage and frequency of DIAMPA-M 12.5mg + 850mg Tablet. Regular monitoring of blood sugar levels and kidney function may be necessary during treatment. Inform your healthcare provider about any medical conditions you have or medications you are taking to ensure safe and effective use of this combination medication. If you experience any severe or persistent side effects, discontinue the use of DIAMPA-M 12.5mg + 850mg Tablet and consult your healthcare provider for further evaluation.