GALSIT MET 50/1000MG Tablet is a combination medication containing SITAGLIPTIN + METFORMIN. Sitagliptin is a dipeptidyl peptidase-4 (DPP-4) inhibitor, while metformin belongs to the biguanide class. Together, they aim to manage blood sugar levels in individuals with type 2 diabetes.
This medication is typically prescribed to individuals with type 2 diabetes mellitus to help regulate blood sugar levels.
Common side effects associated with GALSIT MET 50/1000MG Tablet may include upper respiratory tract infections, headache, nasopharyngitis, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and abdominal discomfort. Serious side effects are rare but may include pancreatitis, allergic reactions, and, in the case of metformin, lactic acidosis.
When Not to Use:
GALSIT MET 50/1000MG Tablet may not be suitable for everyone. It should generally be avoided or used with caution in the following circumstances:
- Allergy or Hypersensitivity: Individuals with known hypersensitivity or allergy to sitagliptin, metformin, or any of the tablet’s components should not use GALSIT MET 50/1000MG.
- Severe Kidney Dysfunction: Due to the metformin component, individuals with severe kidney impairment may be advised against using this medication.
- Acute or Chronic Metabolic Acidosis: GALSIT MET 50/1000MG should not be used in individuals with conditions associated with metabolic acidosis, including diabetic ketoacidosis.
Precautions and Warnings:
- Renal Impairment: Caution is advised in individuals with kidney impairment, as metformin elimination is affected by renal function.
- Pancreatitis Risk: Patients should be monitored for signs of pancreatitis, such as persistent severe abdominal pain.
- Hypoglycemia: When used in combination with other antidiabetic agents, there is a risk of hypoglycemia (low blood sugar).
Pregnancy and Lactation:
- Pregnancy: The use of GALSIT MET 50/1000MG during pregnancy should be discussed with a healthcare provider, weighing the potential benefits against the risks.
- Lactation: It is important to consult a healthcare professional regarding the safety of this medication during lactation.
Always follow the prescribed dosage and instructions provided by your healthcare provider. If you experience any unusual or severe side effects, seek medical attention promptly.