Empoli Plus 12.5+500mg Tablet is a combination medication that contains two active ingredients: empagliflozin & metformin. Empagliflozin belongs to a class of medications called sodium-glucose cotransporter-2 (SGLT2) inhibitors, while metformin is a biguanide. This combination medicine is prescribed to manage blood sugar levels in individuals with type 2 diabetes mellitus.
- Type 2 Diabetes: Empoli Plus 12.5+500mg Tablet is primarily used to control blood sugar levels in adults with type 2 diabetes mellitus. It helps lower blood glucose levels by increasing the excretion of glucose through the kidneys and reducing the production of glucose in the liver. This medication is typically prescribed alongside a proper diet and exercise regimen.
Empoli Plus 12.5+500mg Tablet may cause some side effects in certain individuals. The following side effects have been reported but may not be experienced by everyone:
- Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar levels)
- Urinary tract infections
- Genital yeast infections in females
- Increased urination
- Thirst or dry mouth
- Dizziness or lightheadedness
- Nausea or vomiting
- Diarrhea or constipation
- Abdominal pain or discomfort
- Increased cholesterol levels
- Hypersensitivity reactions (rare but serious)
It is important to note that this is not an exhaustive list of side effects. If you experience any unusual or persistent symptoms, it is essential to consult your healthcare provider for further evaluation.
When Not to Use:
Empoli Plus 12.5+500mg Tablet should not be used under certain circumstances, including:
- Type 1 Diabetes: This medication is not suitable for the treatment of type 1 diabetes.
- Diabetic Ketoacidosis: It should not be used in individuals with diabetic ketoacidosis, a serious complication of diabetes characterized by high ketone levels in the blood.
- Severe Kidney Impairment: If you have severe kidney impairment or end-stage renal disease, this medication may not be recommended.
- Hypersensitivity: If you have had an allergic reaction to empagliflozin, metformin, or any other ingredients present in Empoli Plus 12.5+500mg Tablet, you should avoid using it.
It is crucial to inform your healthcare provider about your complete medical history, including any pre-existing conditions or allergies, before starting this medication.
Please note that the information provided here is a general overview and should not replace professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or pharmacist for specific guidance tailored to your individual needs.