Provas EZ Tablet is a combination medication that contains three active ingredients: paracetamol (acetaminophen), diphenhydramine, and phenylephrine. Paracetamol is a pain reliever and fever reducer, diphenhydramine is an antihistamine, and phenylephrine is a nasal decongestant. Provas EZ Tablet is commonly used to provide relief from symptoms associated with the common cold, allergies, and sinus congestion. It is formulated as an oral tablet.
- Common Cold: Provas EZ Tablet is used to relieve symptoms associated with the common cold, such as fever, headache, body aches, and nasal congestion.
- Allergies: It may be used to alleviate symptoms of allergies, including sneezing, itching, runny nose, and watery eyes.
- Sinus Congestion: Provas EZ Tablet can help relieve nasal congestion and sinus pressure caused by conditions like sinusitis.
Provas EZ Tablet may cause certain side effects in some individuals. Common side effects can include:
- Drowsiness: Diphenhydramine, an antihistamine, can cause drowsiness or sedation.
- Dry Mouth: Some individuals may experience dryness of the mouth while taking this medication.
- Nausea or Upset Stomach: It is possible to experience gastrointestinal discomfort, such as nausea or upset stomach.
- Headache: Some individuals may experience headaches while taking Provas EZ Tablet.
It is important to note that not all individuals will experience these side effects, and they are generally mild and temporary. However, if any side effects persist or worsen, it is advisable to consult a healthcare professional.
When Not to Use:
Provas EZ Tablet should not be used in the following situations:
- Allergy or Sensitivity: Individuals with a known allergy or sensitivity to paracetamol, diphenhydramine, phenylephrine, or any components of the tablet should avoid its use.
- Severe Liver Disease: It is contraindicated in individuals with severe liver disease or impaired liver function, as paracetamol can cause liver damage.
- Severe Heart Disease: Provas EZ Tablet should not be used in individuals with severe heart disease or uncontrolled hypertension (high blood pressure), as phenylephrine can increase heart rate and blood pressure.
It is essential to consult a healthcare professional or pharmacist before starting Provas EZ Tablet, especially if you have any underlying medical conditions or are taking other medications, as they can provide appropriate advice and guidance based on your specific situation.