SITRIZINE SYRUP is a medication that contains the active ingredient Cetirizine Dihydrochloride. It is available in syrup form and belongs to the class of medications known as antihistamines. SITRIZINE SYRUP is commonly used for the management of various allergic conditions.
SITRIZINE SYRUP is primarily used for the following purposes:
- Allergic Rhinitis: It is effective in relieving symptoms associated with allergic rhinitis, such as sneezing, runny nose, itching, and nasal congestion caused by allergens such as pollen, dust mites, or pet dander.
- Allergic Conjunctivitis: SITRIZINE SYRUP helps alleviate symptoms of allergic conjunctivitis, including redness, itching, and watering of the eyes triggered by allergens.
- Urticaria (Hives): The syrup can be used to treat the symptoms of urticaria, including raised itchy welts on the skin.
While SITRIZINE SYRUP is generally well-tolerated, it may cause certain side effects in some individuals. Common side effects associated with cetirizine dihydrochloride may include:
- Drowsiness or fatigue
- Dry mouth
- Nausea or vomiting
- Dizziness or lightheadedness
- Abdominal discomfort
- Blurred vision
- Allergic reactions, such as rash or itching
If you experience any severe or persistent side effects while taking SITRIZINE SYRUP, it is advisable to discontinue use and consult your healthcare provider.
When Not to Use:
SITRIZINE SYRUP should not be used in certain situations. These include:
- Allergy: If you have a known allergy or hypersensitivity to cetirizine dihydrochloride or any other components of SITRIZINE SYRUP, you should avoid using this medication.
- Severe Renal Impairment: Individuals with severe renal (kidney) impairment may require dosage adjustments or should avoid using SITRIZINE SYRUP due to the risk of accumulation of the medication.
- Pregnancy and Breastfeeding: The safety of cetirizine dihydrochloride during pregnancy and breastfeeding has not been established. It is advisable to consult with your healthcare provider to weigh the potential risks and benefits before using SITRIZINE SYRUP in these situations.
- Children Under 2 Years: SITRIZINE SYRUP is not recommended for use in children under the age of 2 years without medical supervision.
Always consult your healthcare provider or pharmacist for specific guidance regarding the appropriate use of SITRIZINE SYRUP and any potential contraindications based on your individual medical history.